No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Sur Ron today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	bike.jpg Views:	31 Size:	916.9 KB ID:	127510 Click image for larger version

Name:	sycamoretrail.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	127632
    600 miles of dirt trails and some snow, still on original tires and brakes,
    all lights disabled and self powered
    50Km of fun with 12% battery remaining
    Vertical ravines and 24" log crossings
    Kaniwaba Pedal Kit (no gears)
    550lb rear shock spring
    Luna Seat
    Bar Extenders ​
    L1 Regen works for local technical trails, saves brakes and not full regen drag
    Disabled Brake cutoffs
    Kick stand removed, sensor moved and available for programming.
    Dont normally park it dirty
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mxsitement; 05-06-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

2wheelsanything; ...... April 6 2021 I ordered my new float seat today! " stress relief tool.""
      Kauaiguy commented. April 13-2021,
      The Racespec seat would be great but...it’s wearing through. The leather Luna seat is...the leather does feels pretty tough.

April 13 2021.. After reading this and the good reviews on the Luna leather float seat. Next time I need parts this will be 1st on the list.

About a week later the bike feel off its bike stand while washing off the mud.
      The stock fiberglass bash-guard was bashed earlier that day as I hit a log. Fortunate that it still runs OK but will not sit level on the bike stand.
      Placed order from Luna, 1 Luna SS Bash guard.... 1 Luna leather floats seat.... 1 Luna electronic throttle to replace my stock cable throttle.
      3 days later the leather float seat $95 .& Electronic throttle $36 showed up. SS-Bash guard on back order. (Still waiting)
      I can wait until the SS-Bash-Guard show up to install the Electronic cable at the same time. As the wiring connector is under the bash guard.

Replacing the stock cable-throttle to an E-throttle seems like an EZ jobs. Any comments or tips on switching to a E-throttle ?
      Noticed a few miles ago while accelerating to full throttle the motor seemed to slow and suddenly go back to speed.
      Not sure what the problem might be but decided to go with the E-throttle to see if that solves the problem.

Meanwhile I installed the leather float Seat. Before that my butt hurt so bad I could only do about 1 or 2 laps around my 2.5 mile loop/track.
      1st ride on new Float-seat I was able to complete 3 laps without taking a break. Thanks 2-WheelsA & K-Guy
      Last edited by dirtman; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
        Kauaiguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Leather Luna seat is holding up great.Two of my friends with newer Surrons with the stock electronic throttle switched to the Magura electronic throttle as the stock throttle has a delay or curve that was irritating.
    Working...
    X