No announcement yet.

Rear tire choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s the tire on my stock rim Geomax 33 and I agree,even with the Bac 8000 the weight is a negative on handling and power with heavy tires.

Comment

I have rear Maxxis M-7304 70/100 R19 42M

Comment

So I've settled on the MX33 70/100-19 for off-road use. It's cheap, very light, and has great traction. I had Woody's make a 19x1.85 rear wheel for me and it widens the treat pattern a little. Biggest advantage is that it's light! Weighs only a little more than the stock CST and WAY less than a full MX rear.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	124797

Comment

Only problem is you get poor rim protection with the 1.85 rim,I already scraped my new rim

Comment

Originally posted by Kauaiguy View Post
            Only problem is you get poor rim protection with the 1.85 rim,I already scraped my new rim
            What part/parts of your bikes caused the scaping problem.?
            You might want to comment on that problem in my new topic WWW,

Comment

• sc-surfer
              sc-surfer commented
              Editing a comment
              You HI guys ride those things pretty hard. I suspect you’ll damage shit regardless. Just the cost of going hard. It is true there is less tire sidewall bulging out but it’ll depend on the conditions how much that plays a role. Here where I live it’s not been an issue. We do t have a ton of really deep ruts, mud, or water crossings. I don’t find my wheels getting beat up.

• Kauaiguy
              Kauaiguy commented
              Editing a comment
              The 70/100x19 doesn’t have much side wall to protect the rim.One of the reasons I switched to the Kenda 100/90 x19 tire ,with that tire it has a lot of side wall.If you have a wheel built you can request they dish it away from the sprocket side 1/4 inch for no extra charge .

Does anyone know a good MX Soft terrain tire and size to mount on the rear 17" SuperMoto rim? (One that would fit without trimming off any knobbies.) Thx!

Comment

maxxis 7304. Just got one and have been out on it. It's good! I think it is non directional. A bit taller than the stock, heavier, but I also have a heavy duty tube in it. I did notice that it has lost a bit of quickness with the larger tire, but it hooks up well and am happy with it. Its a bit beefier that the stock but not over the top beefy MX bike look.

Comment

• evnut
                evnut commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a Front tire - Just ordered a CST Cheng Shin C183A Rear Tire 368-0415 Size: 2.75-17.

• Nicki
                Nicki commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it is a front. But I have it on the back wheel now and it seems to be fine. Much better than the stock tire that was on there. Knobies are a bit bigger and stiffer than the stock tire knobs.

Chen Shing 3.50 x 19 fits on the stock rim,installed width is 3.75 inch,it’s a discontinued tire but are still available,it adds 2inch in height so only use if you have a 21 front wheel.With 9psi it’s pretty good at absorbing small bumps.

Comment

Working...
              X