X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Throttle Distributers?

went on a ride this morning with my dad

my bike tipped over on a hill and the throttle wouldn’t respond

after about an hour taking stuff apart i saw it was one of the wires inside the electronic cable had pulled out. tried bypassing it to ride the brakes the way home but no dice

anyway, i pushed the bike home. anyone know of an electronic cable distributor besides luna or american surron? luna is out of stock and american surron only carries a 1/4 turn throttle which i don’t want to get right now. aliexpress says february 8th delivery

or anyone have a spare electronic throttle lying around i can buy from them?

thanks

I highly recommend Magura wireless throttle. Easy to install, smooth handling, and solid company.

Comment

I posted a link to the Magura at another website several hours ago. Where did it go? Is this forum censored?

Comment

• avoshall
        avoshall commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw that, I was going to comment because the OP said he didn't want a 1/4 turn throttle.
        Then it was gone.

• sc-surfer
        sc-surfer commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmmm. Nice to know we’re being censored. Wonder how long until I get banned. Find me on E-S if I disappear.

thanks guys

link? is it plug and play for the surron?

Comment

• sc-surfer
        sc-surfer commented
        Editing a comment
        I posted a link but it got deleted. Was a link to a competitor. Guess that’s not allowed?? You can find it at American surron dot com. (Let’s see if the forum gods let that stay up. )
        Last edited by sc-surfer; 12-26-2020, 11:38 AM.

A simple Google search or even an Amazon search and you'll find it. Magura Twist Grip Throttle. I do caution you that this is NOT a plug and play but simple enough to connect. Search for wiring diagrams or hit me up.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks guys

edit : i thought i was looking for a “wireless” throttle like with bluetooth or wifi or something. guess you meant no throttle cable

Comment

American Sur Ron sells an electronic throttle with the proper plugs.

Comment

• sc-surfer
            sc-surfer commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. Plug-n-play.

Just a heads up... I believe the OEM Sur Ron cable less throttle is a hall sensor type. A potentiometer type can be used, but would require addition of resistors to output the correct voltages.

(filedata/fetch?id=147594&d=1644427658) NOTE: If you bike is new, make sure to read the unboxing article before read this (https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/surron/55116-sur-ron-lightbee-documentation-specs-unboxing-and-initial-setup) Besides the wrenches and Hex keys you need to maintain your

To see the difference between the two types and the addition of resistors, look here... (post #6)

***** 8-16-2018 Welcome to the Hall Sensor Throttle Thread! If there is something you'd like to add, correct, needs better explanation, or have a question about... feel free to Private Message me. Better yet, open a new thread in the "troubleshooting " section and let everybody benefit! Please no Comments or Posts.

Regards,
          T.C.
          See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
          X