Got it plated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it plated!

Ok I got my moped plate this morning from california dmv directly, no aaa or any third party. Maybe I got lucky but I out the frame number under the vin part and left engine number blank. Paid 23 dollars and my wife surprised me this morning with plate from the mailbox.
    I did nothing special whatsoever, no tricks, nothing. Just dload the motorized bicycle form and that was it.

You got a plate because your government officials are both corrupt and incompetent idiots, and you lied about the bikes capability.
    The Sur ron is not legal for moped plate because it is both too powerful and too fast, the law governs maximum output & speed, not what setting you are operating in.

Comment

• Willbddavis
      Willbddavis commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey xnitro go troll somewhere else u fucking looser. How worthless can u be to comment like that...

• sc-surfer
      sc-surfer commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhhh.. who TF are you to be a judgy asshat.

Originally posted by Willbddavis View Post
    Ok I got my moped plate this morning from california dmv directly, no aaa or any third party. Maybe I got lucky but I out the frame number under the vin part and left engine number blank. Paid 23 dollars and my wife surprised me this morning with plate from the mailbox.
    I did nothing special whatsoever, no tricks, nothing. Just dload the motorized bicycle form and that was it.
    Good job Willbddavis. I've got California plates on both my Sur Rons.

Comment

Thanks paladin!

Comment

Your vile personal attack is par behavior, good work.

Comment

• Willbddavis
          Willbddavis commented
          Editing a comment
          Still got nothing better to do then talk shit huh nitro, acting like I'm the problem....boggles my mind. Can't forgot to add you still an asshole.

Congrats on the plate. As long as we all more or less behave and don't make issues for the local cops, we'll all be left in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by X-Nitro View Post
          You got a plate because your government officials are both corrupt and incompetent idiots, and you lied about the bikes capability.
          The Sur ron is not legal for moped plate because it is both too powerful and too fast, the law governs maximum output & speed, not what setting you are operating in.
          Therefore the SRX-LB should qualify as the next step up from moped.

Comment

• Willbddavis
            Willbddavis commented
            Editing a comment
            I would think so

Coming from someone from the Pacific Northwest, and you want to talk about corrupt and incompetent government officials? Yeah, you guys are experts on that huh-whatever buttboy-

Comment

• dirtman
            dirtman commented
            Editing a comment
            Quote 2WA ""Coming from someone from the Pacific Northwest"".

He who is without Corrupt & Incompetent government cast the first stone.

Warning. Discussing political or politics will eventually ruin any good dirt-bike forum.

Good for you paying for a plate instead of making a nice one

Nowadays: during a pandemic

Are there actually LEOs who care anything, anyhow, about any electric bicycles?

And if they care about some thing, or some body : Be willing to confront them an ( horrors )

Confront them *gasp* interact long enough for a ticket they will contest in writing and be dropped like covid by the judge?

Comment

• sc-surfer
            sc-surfer commented
            Editing a comment
            No LEO around here seems to care. Not like we are tweakers or criminals. If they see a plate they don't even look twice.

LEOs deserve our respect, but just try to watch this video and not root for the quad rider:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pV9cURxEGw

Comment

Hey I tried this with sur ron as make and light bee as model.. and they cashed my check but then sent a letter saying I was denied due to greater than 30+ and more than 4 bhp, what did you put for make and model.. im going to leave engine number off too seems like good idea. Thanks! to clarify i plan to ride in eco anywhere on the street..
            Last edited by doxanracer1; 01-29-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

The Surron in Eco (or "regular mode" or "not Sport") complies with everything on the CA moped registration sheet. It is the place where these things make the most sense to live right now in terms of how to register them (IMO). They are really between a MTB and ICE Moto. If you get busted going faster than you are allowed having registered as a moped then the officer has a choice to act on that.

Congrats to anyone who gets plates.

Comment

Hey Will, did you submit a Statement of Facts with your application? If so, what did you put on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Swerve View Post

Hey Will, did you submit a Statement of Facts with your application? If so, what did you put on there?
                  Well, I sent my moped app in with the Statement of Facts, just stating the KW rating and speed info from the Luna sticker (168W, 20 Km/h). Got my plate in the mail today. Thanks Willbddavis and SC-Surfer for the tips!

Comment

I'm considering doing this in Ohio where we have more cops than common sense.

Swerve, what sticker is that?

Comment

Working...
                  X