Bomber 58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomber 58

For those who got this fork or similar. What else will I need if I order it? I have a late model x with tapered bearings and am running the adjustable riser from race spec.

You could have a spare bearing head set,the lower bearing and seal can be a pain to remove from your old fork but possible.

Comment

That’s it? Stem long enough and does it come with a star nut thingy?

As a motorcylce guy, I’m also unclear on what boost is

Comment

Boost has to do with the disc brake spacing,the Bomber 58 is correct already.Stem is overly long so you can take up the extra length with stem spacers or cut it to the right length.It includes the star nut.

Comment

Thanks man. Always with the quick response. Blew out the shock side of my rst yesterday on lava field, so I guess I have no choice but to upgrade.

Comment

I road my friends Surron with the Rst fork,it seems the Rst fork has become worse with the newer model,I had the 2019 version and it was harsh but now the bushings feel like crap.

Comment

The bushings were /are crazy loose but I almost excepted it. Now that I blew out the shock , I call it bust. Finished the ride without any dampening and it was a crazy sensation.

Comment

I got a Bomber 58 to replace an RST Killah, and the difference in performance is unreal. It fits on the Sur Ron perfectly plug and play without any mods, unless you want to cut the length down. I left the 58 uncut and used spacers to raise the bar height. You could go back to the standard stem and still have a taller bar or use your adjustable stem for even more bar height.. The Bomber does come with a Star fangled nut. I agree with Kauaiguy about replacing the headset because it's easy to deform or destroy the lower cover and bearing while removing them from the old fork. After ruining mine, I would leave the old headset on the old fork and invest in a new headset for your new $1000 fork.

Comment

• CosmicG
                  CosmicG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So for the Bomber58, you don't have to grind down that headtube tab, like you do for the Fox 40?

Thanks for the review litebike.

Did you guys just get the tapered bearing set or go for a different one? I usually press the stem out of the lower tree on a mc triple clamp and have no risk of damage to the bearing.

Comment

Great if you can remove the lower bearing without damaging it. I didn't have the proper tools and wrecked the bearing and the bearing cover in the process of prying it off. I replaced it with another Luna upgraded headset, which seems fine and is inexpensive. It doesn't come with directions but it's intuitive and Luna has an install video too.

Comment

How is the 58s treating you?

Comment

I couldn't be happier with the B58's so far, and it's a great value for the price. The ride quality is really great and they look good and strong with the 40mm tubes. I've seen a couple reviews mentioning stiction, but there is no noticeable stiction on mine.

Comment

I was thinking of upgrading to the bomber forks. Was looking at the z1 forks , is the 58s a better way to go?

Comment

• CosmicG
                          CosmicG commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unless you have a Segway X160 (which has shorter suspension) you will want a 200-203mm travel fork like the Bomber 58.

Has anyone ordered the Bomber 58 recently and found it in stock anywhere? I'm also done with these RST forks and ready to pull the trigger on the 58's but having trouble finding them in stock.

Comment

Blue Sky Cycling has them. That's where I bought mine... $999 and free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                          X