Sur-Ron X Program controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sur-Ron X Program controller.

Im working on a simple programmer that will attach to the kick stand sensor and allow regen 1, 2, 3, and off, as well as to disable/enable the brake sensors.

It will presen't a wifi and webpage as well as an onboard oled display with a single button menu. Either will set modes and the current mode stored in eprom.

Question(s),
    1 has anyone tested for codes beyond those supplied by luna?

IE;
    Level one regen braking = 2 short 1 long 2 blinks.
    Level two regen braking = 3 short 1 long 3 blinks
    Level three regen braking = 4 short 1 long 4 blinks
    NO Regen = 7 short one long 7 blinks
    Turn ebrake sensor off - 8 short one long 8 blinks
    Turn ebrake sensor back on - 9 short and one long. 9 blinks

2 Has anyone tried 10 short 1 long, with he cable connected to see if 10 blinks are returned, perhaps some throttle curves are hidden there?

3 Does anyone know how fast the shorts and longs can be entered?

Id like to run the loop at full speed to keep things responsive.

If I have to run the data into the controller slowly I can use the second processor on the heltec esp32 lora board im using, And read the led signal back from the controller as an ACK for the slower function running in the background.

Otherwize if the modes change consistanly, just send the codes with a pause between and assume they were received.

It's winter here and Im too old to ride on the ice so if anyone cares to expiriment I would be gratefull.

Originally posted by Jimwildman View Post
    Im working on a simple programmer -- allow regen 1, 2, 3, and off, as well as to disable/enable the brake sensors.

.Question(s),

1.. has anyone tested for codes beyond those supplied by luna?

2.. Has anyone tried 10 short 1 long, with he cable connected to see if 10 blinks are returned, perhaps some throttle curves are hidden there?

3.. Does anyone know how fast the shorts and longs can be entered?.

It's winter here and Im too old to ride on the ice so if anyone cares to expiriment I would be gratefull.
    Good luck with your program. Keep us posted. Sign me up.

1.. has anyone tested for codes beyond those supplied by luna?
    ---- Haven`t heard anything. I follow this forum almost daily and have watched almost every posted video on the SRX-LB in the past year.

2.. Has anyone tried 10 short 1 long, with he cable connected to see if 10 blinks are returned, perhaps some throttle curves are hidden there?
    ---Not me, and I haven`t heard/read/watched of anybody else experimenting.

3.. Does anyone know how fast the shorts and longs can be entered?.
    ---Not me. I Don`t want to chance messing something up.

It's winter here and I`m too old to ride on the ice so if anyone cares to experiment I would be grateful.
    ---I`m probably older than you. (69.5). Here in western-Pa 8 inches of snow on the ground.
    ---I would love to experiment but I don`t want to chance messing something up. (if it ain`t broke don`t fix it)
    ---All I can add is .. The SRX-LB bike with my new tires (Dunlop Geomax MX-33) is great in the snow.

Comment

I wonder what Luna did to the x controller when they did the Ludacris mod ?? A reprogram for more power would be great.

Comment

I believe the stock board has vacancy, they populate with matching components.

Comment

2. Level one regen braking = 2 short 1 long 2 blinks.
          3. Level two regen braking = 3 short 1 long 3 blinks
          4. Level three regen braking = 4 short 1 long 4 blinks
          7. NO Regen = 7 short one long 7 blinks
          8. Turn ebrake sensor off - 8 short one long 8 blinks
          9. Turn ebrake sensor back on - 9 short and one long. 9 blinks

I wonder what 5 and 6 do?

seems odd that they would skip them. If not throttle curves what else would there be?

I would love to have the ability to enguage regeneration only when the brake lever is used. it would feel like power brakes :)

would love to get my hands on the source code for the x controller.

Comment

prototype, with button menu and wifi web app control.

Comment

• avoshall
              avoshall commented
              Editing a comment
              Impressive, are you using the brake circuit to program based on the known inputs?
              Have you discovered any new options?

Actually if the schematic is correct, they all go to the same place on the controller. The signal sent is 12v, i suspect its protected by a zener diode, meaning 5v would be enough. Its 11 degrees here today, so testing is out for now.

I have not tested but find it hard to believe they skipped 5 and 6. If someone could plug in the program cable and test 5 short 1 long pull, see if 5 flashes are returned, we would know that 5 does something, but what?? Same for 6 and why not look at 10+.

If the controller doesnt flash a code back We know that number isnt valid.

Comment

I'm following along. I'm certain there has to be the ability to change the throttle curve. I have a Sur-Ron X and a Segway X260. With the Segway X260, the app (via bluetooth) allows you to adjust the throttle curve, and being that everything else is the same between the 2 bikes, I'd say there's a good chance that the ability exists!

Comment

What do the throttle curve options on 260 look like? How many choices?
                And also if you have the 260 are the curves drastically different? Usable?

sorry to pry, but you have a rare insight on the differences..

Comment

A Smaller 3d printed design, and i might try a version with this dark green lexan accross most of the front, have to make the lid 3mm thicker. so debating. the pla I printed these in might not be good enough for sunlight, but i have some ABS and alot of PTEG. Ive ordered 5 more of the esp32 lora boards with the onboard antenna, only have 2 of the ones with the high gain antenna, and they are overkill for this purpose.
                  Last edited by Jimwildman; 02-13-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimwildman View Post
                    What do the throttle curve options on 260 look like? How many choices?
                    And also if you have the 260 are the curves drastically different? Usable?

sorry to pry, but you have a rare insight on the differences..
                    I'd love to be able to help figure this out! I recently bought a 1/4 turn magura electronic throttle to replace my stock electronic throttle on my 2020 Sur-Ron because it was awful compared to the Segway's throttle input when it was adjusted via the app to it's full potential.

So here's a screenshot of the settings in the Segway app. Here you can select to modify the speed limit, and throttle input ("Speed Modes"), as well as the regenerative braking ("Energy Recover").

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5792-M.png
Views:	4264
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	122140

And a look at each of those screens....

First, "Speed Modes".... "Twisting force" controls the throttle curve. It has 3 options: Weak, Medium, Strong. There is a huge difference between Weak and Strong. Strong is the best!

Name:	IMG_5790-M.png
Views:	4234
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	122141

Second, we have "Energy Recovery" which controls the regenerative braking (engine drag)

Name:	IMG_5791-M.png
Views:	4194
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	122142

Funny thing though, there's not an option to turn on/off the e-brake sensor through the app. So i'm not sure if there's a way to do that at all on the Segway. Maybe just unplugging the sensors is the only option.

I hope this helps some. Let me know if I can provide any other info.

-Jordan
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice, good info thanks. Have you tried the sur-ron method on the Segway? that would be interesting.

Comment

• jglow
                        jglow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have not. I might try when it warms up to turn of the ebrake sensors on the segway using the Sur-ron method.

i'll keep you posted.

I hear crickets... just wondering if you guys are still pursuing this? Any new findings?
                      Last edited by AirJunky1; 04-15-2021, 06:23 AM. Reason: Rephrasing

Comment

typically i'm thinking of the Green/Black wire looped out of the shielding to the battery connector. My new SRx.
                        Question: is it still just cut the loop to release more power, per Knowledge Base page, which seems old info ?
                        I get a little spooked cutting a wire on brand new bike. My controller appears to be able to use 'blinker' for changes to e-brake, regen levels and such. Any new info on Green/Black loop cut out there?
                        Just wanna check before ' the cut '.
                        thank you

Comment

was wondering if anyone knew where to get a ert nxt display screen. mine took a dump, and i cant find anywhere to get one, anyone have any suggestions? does anyone want to sell theirs? or anything?? in desprite need of one, thanks

Comment

• SUR-gary
                            SUR-gary commented
                            Editing a comment
                            whats a ert nxt display screen?

• dirtman
                            dirtman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Is this what your looking for.?
                            Luna cycle..Stock parts... Sur-Ron Replacement Dashboard
                            $74.00
                            Luna cycle also sells a mount for an after-market GPS for S13.00.

Bark-Buster hand-guards are less that $35.00 and can save a lot of expensive-parts mounted on your handlebars.
                        Working...
                        X