Battery charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery charger

I just finished my ride with 15% battery life. I went to charge it 5 days later with 3% battery life but the charger doesn't charge. Its cycles from green to red . Has anyone had this problem ?

Goggle “Surron low battery charging,there’s a trick to getting going again but typing it out takes to long.The info is on this forum

Comment

I tried that process, it didn't work.

Comment

Did you find the troubleshooting section for Surron battery charging problems,it had several things to try.It does say that doing the battery charger trick can take 20/30 tries

Comment

I spent 30 minutes on the process.
          Last edited by Trail Blazer; 02-27-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

What's your voltage reading on your battery at the supra connector?

Comment

You won’t get a true reading until the Bms wakes up.Does your headlight come on when you turn the key?When the light is on ,for a few seconds after disconnecting you can get a reading on the Supra conection.It will continue to drop voltage as the capacitors drain.

Comment

I took off my headlight.

Comment

Do you have the dongle that plugs into the small battery plug?That might give you a trouble code.

Comment

I got the dongle, were do I find the blinking light trouble codes?

Comment

• avoshall
                      avoshall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      search youtube or the troubleshooting section in the knowledge base on this forum

I goggled Surron trouble codes and found a British website that had a pdf.How many blinks are you getting?1 blink is normal

Comment

I got no blinking lights on the dongle.

Comment

I did increase my battery3 % to 6% after doing the battery on and off process. But still not charging like normal.

Comment

Your cells are probably out of balance with some under the lvc for the Bms,I would try to get it higher by doing what your doing until the low cells start excepting a charge.My first Surron battery that got water damage that corroded the cell strips and caused the charger not to except charge.Mine is not an isolated case,as my replacement had internal corrosion to,now I wash my bike minus the battery.
                          Last edited by Kauaiguy; 03-04-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• avoshall
                            avoshall commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great to know; remove the battery before washing!

Were your battery replacement under warranty ?
                          Last edited by Trail Blazer; 03-03-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X