No announcement yet.

Battery charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the video if the1ST wire on the ribbon cable B0= continuity then the whole battery needs to be taken apart and find the broken connections.

Comment

I don't know how it can be a broken connection. The bike was running fine. It's when I waited 5 days to charge it, that the problem started, of not being able to change.

Comment

You said you had no top gasket,if that’s true then water could easily get in.On my second battery I did have to totally disassemble and found the trace on the board that the battery side plug goes to was burnt,it was the first inline so the battery was doing what it did for you.I installed another 100a Bms and soldered my Bms sense wires to each cell group with larger wire than stock.Stock wire is micro &weak/ fragile

Comment

Luna said the 1st wire or B0 has no voltage or continuity. If wires B1 to B16 are all 3.25 +or - .05 volts higher in increments, then the BMS board is bad.
          B0= NO VOLTAGE OR CONTINUITY
          B1= 3.35 VOLTS
          B2= 6.70 VOLTS
          B3= 10.05 VOLTS
          AND SO ON

Comment

I am having same problem. I thought my battery was as 75% before storage (inside). Only 3v, charger would not turn on. I used a 52v dumb charger on the supra connection. After 36v the jump start trick on the 60v smart charger worked.bnow it stopped again after about an hour. 52v on supra and 36v on charge port. Is this bms issue?

Comment

Hey, Kauai Guy did you send your battery back for repair or did you repair it yourself?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                My battery cells had water damage as well as the nickel strips ,the Bms was probably good and did its job but the battery
                wasn’t worth fixing.Luna warrantied the battery from the internal pictures I sent.I was at 11 months of use so they charged me $600 for a good new used battery.On that battery I installed a Bluetooth Bms so I can monitor each cell group and not get surprised by a shutdown.

How much was the shipping?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                To Hawaii you have to go through a freight forwarder for shipping,goes by Matson to Oahu,then by barge to Kauai.Hazard few is $90 of the total price of around $250.For a complete Surron,shipping was $280.

How is that reconditioned battery holding up?
              Would you buy a new battery instead?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s still pretty good,but I bought two Litespeed batteries so I can do some racing.Batteries are expensive

What freight company did you use?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Aloha Freight Forwarders,but there are several

What model lightspeed battery did you get?
              How much better is it from the stock surron battery?
              Did you change your controller?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                I have 2 lightspeed batteries,1 60v 42ah long range version with a 300a Bluetooth Bms ( it was the first one he made of that version,they now come with smaller Bms)2 60 40ah high power which includes spacers to raise the battery door about 1/2inch.I got that one to better handle the Bac8000 controller.I get about the same range with both.After today’s ride I had 48% left and my 3 friends on stock Surrons with 64t sprocket and good tires had 26%.We crossed over 3 valleys and back 2900 ft elevation gain.I also changed my stock battery to Bluetooth Bms 80 constant 150 peak.It’s pretty useful information that it provides,also have the BacDoor ap on my phone so I can change settings while on trails .

Are you worried about water damage on the lightspeed battery? They don't look like there sealed as well, as the original surron battery.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s surrounded with plexiglass,but I worry.Stock ones corrode internally to so just try to keep water from my battery.Water crossings could be a problem.I may take one apart and make a G10 housing,fiberglass the corners.Make it fully water proof.

I checked lightspeed web site I don't see 60v battery just a 72v.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                Kauaiguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Click under products,then Surron upgrades
            Working...
            X