Rear Sprocket purchase options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Sprocket purchase options

Hi, Does anyone know what rear sprockets can be used for the sur ron? What brand and sizes will work.... ? I have checked the luna website but sprockets are sold out. I want to swap out the stock 48 for like a 52 or 54 tooth sprocket. Any website links would be great.
    Thanks

https://www.surronracingusa.com

Comment

• SUR-gary
      SUR-gary commented
      Editing a comment
      Stag Motorcycles has the bigger sprockets

Rebel Gears is the best source for any size 7075-T6 aluminum rear sprocket you want, give 'em a call;

http://www.rebelgears.com/officialrebelgearshome.html

Comment

• dirtman
      dirtman commented
      Editing a comment
      Checked the site. No Surron Sprockets listed. (YET)
      Custom Made Motorcycle Sprocket. Made in the USA..
      Called the number in Memphis Tenn USA.
      Yes we can make you any Surron sprocket you desire..
      I like my 54. That will cost about $70.00.

Below are the sprocket options most commonly available which i've seen.

Sprockets size (Chain size)

42 (104 links)
    48 (106 links)
    52 (108 links)
    54 (110 links)
    56 (112 links)
    58 (112 links)
    60 (114 links)
    64 (116 links)

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

What is the highest/tallest gearing...i.e. largest front and smallest rear sprockets anyone is running on their Sur Ron?

I am thinking about buying a Sur Ron and wondering if I can gear it high enough to keep up with traffic.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bullfrog View Post

I am thinking about buying a Sur Ron and wondering if I can gear it high enough to keep up with traffic.
        I`ve read the smallest sprocket rear sprocket available it the 42.
        At what speeds do you need to keep up with traffic.??
        So far my SRX-LB is 99,99% off road. The .01% Street is only to dry it off. after I wash off the mud & water.
        It starts to wobble over 35 MPH I don`t feel safe with that. But stock 48T it should hit about 40-42 MPH.
        There are videos of guys getting 80+ MPH on the street. I hope they have good insurance and upgraded Wheel & and DOT-tires.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman View Post
          I`ve read the smallest sprocket rear sprocket available it the 42.
          At what speeds do you need to keep up with traffic.??
          So far my SRX-LB is 99,99% off road. The .01% Street is only to dry it off. after I wash off the mud & water.
          It starts to wobble over 35 MPH I don`t feel safe with that. But stock 48T it should hit about 40-42 MPH.
          There are videos of guys getting 80+ MPH on the street. I hope they have good insurance and upgraded Wheel & and DOT-tires.
          Well in a perfect world, I'd like to do 60 mph but that may not be possible...I just stay on roads where I can keep up with the traffic, whatever speed that turns out to be :).

Tire choices and spring rates may have to be adjusted to avoid the wobbles :).

Thanks for the info on the 42T sprocket.

Comment

Check out the Luna Cycles Sprocket Adaptor. "An adapter that allows you to use any of the 4 hole Honda CR80 CRF85 CRF150R sprocket on your Sur-Ron ".
            I have a brand new one in the package for $30 if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Litebike View Post
              Check out the Luna Cycles Sprocket Adaptor. "An adapter that allows you to use any of the 4 hole Honda CR80 CRF85 CRF150R sprocket on your Sur-Ron ".
              Found a cnc alloy version https://sonsofampacity.com/collections/all
              they have a set of swimg arm extensions that are interestting as well.

Comment

• SUR-gary
                SUR-gary commented
                Editing a comment
                thats a great looking under seat water proof bag on that site! AFishTour brand. I bought it

Originally posted by Jimwildman View Post

Found a cnc alloy version https://sonsofampacity.com/collections/all
              they have a set of swimg arm extensions that are interestting as well.
              How is that bag?

Comment

• SUR-gary
                SUR-gary commented
                Editing a comment
                i mounted the fish tour bag under seat. has tools and tire repair stuff in it. it stays dry and stays mounted. does block view of tail light though.

Originally posted by Litebike View Post
              Still have this? PM sent.

-John

Comment

Working...
              X