• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    Download the Smart Bms app for your battery and see what going on

• trailpoacher
    replied
    Just got my Chi x60 (51ah). When I flip the switch on the side, the display shows "L 16" and a low battery icon, regardless of the charge level. Does anyone know what this means? I'm hoping that I don't have a battery faulty BMS or a bad cell, but I can't think of what else that could indicate

Thanks
    Last edited by trailpoacher; 06-25-2022, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    With the Chi battery Bms as soon as the first cell reaches 4.2 it shuts off charge so any low cells won’t get topped off and you can never reach 67.2.That’s why I changed my start balance at 3.6v and set each cell to be within .002( Chi had start at 3.8v and .005)

Leave a comment:

• vigalass
    replied
    that's odd. i get 67.2 on the same battery, which is about 20 charge cycles old, but i'm measuring on the Eggrider. I will go check the BMS app tomorrow after charging. Obviously you've seen the 16 cells charge status in the bms app at the bottom of the opening page. how close are you getting to 4.2 per cell? i will say that Chibattery has excellent tech support over email.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    Check your settings,to make changes the lock code is 123456,if you make changes be sure to write down or take a picture of your current settings so you could return to original.Balanced open start volt & balanced open diff volt are probably the ones you need to change.My battery after about 10 low amp charging (2amp or lower) can now complete full charge with the stock Surron 10a charger.I think these cells need to break in to get the cells to balance out.
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; 06-22-2022, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	D1DAD0B6-5A2F-46C9-A899-FB44E3DA57CD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	152983 Click image for larger version  Name:	98547C6D-DA71-46AB-B93C-BF4AD168B6C9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	152984

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    commented on 's reply
    P.M me,I tried downloading some pictures that would help but can’t get them to load

• dudeman2019
    replied
    Originally posted by Kauaiguy View Post
    Did you download the Bms app,I found I had to change some settings in the app to get my battery to balance correctly.Your cells are probably out of balance and can only balance when charging ( discharge balancing not connected).With the app find out how far they are out,I used a 2amp charger to slow charge and that let my battery to balance to within 0.002 between cells which is very good.

I sure did- I am using the Smart BMS app. Can you share how you changed these settings? I do not want to accidentally blow up my battery by doing it wrong....My overall Delta is .092v; how on earth can I balance this using a SR charger? Or should I buy the Chi charger to do this? Any help or settings are greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    Did you download the Bms app,I found I had to change some settings in the app to get my battery to balance correctly.Your cells are probably out of balance and can only balance when charging ( discharge balancing not connected).With the app find out how far they are out,I used a 2amp charger to slow charge and that let my battery to balance to within 0.002 between cells which is very good.

Leave a comment:

• dudeman2019
    replied
    Good info here guys. I have a Chi 60vR from Chi, I cannot get it to charge to 67.2, it seems to stop at 66.2. Any tips on how to get it back to full? I have left it on the stock sur ron charger for a straight 24 hours, sometimes 36 and it does not change. I would love any help....thx

Leave a comment:

• vigalass
    commented on 's reply
    same. think mine rounds up to 68 when fully balance charged.

• SUR-gary
    commented on 's reply
    thanks so much Thebruce. that's the stuff we need before upgrading. My choice is the touring 70ah too.
    just working up the courage to pull the trigger, you know. Sur-ron russia (SurRonshop)is $500 less for some reason but can't buy do to sanctions. According to Daniel he ships direct from U.S. manufacturer?
    Last edited by SUR-gary; 04-09-2022, 05:35 PM.

• Thebruce50
    replied
    Just whent on my 1st ride last night with my new chi 60v 70Ah touring. It is kind of a pain to install, and it is not easy to hot swap like stock battery, but I rode 23 mile ride off road last night and finished with 51% battery remaining. I did the same ride last week on stock battery, even did a battery swap with my wife when I was at 59% and she was at 82% and I still ran out of juice about 3/4 of a mile short of the finish. According to the chi bms app I was at 60 volts still, and 51% on the battery indicator. Not sure how accurate thoes are yet, but I know I wasn't being towed back to the truck. I am 6' 2" and 270lbs. I run 58 tooth sprocket and O ring chain. M203 front tire k760 back tire and heavy duty IRC tubes stock x controller. I was getting about 14 to 15 miles with stock battery. Before the heavier tires and tubes I would get about 18 miles avg. My wife is 5' 7" 155lbs and gets like 35 miles on a stock set-up on the same rides. We did the battery swap on most trips to try and match distance. This is all measured on Avenza tracking app. Just some references for you as this is the kind of info I was trying to find when looking into ordering a big battery. So so far I was smiling like crazy last night on the ride as there was no range worries. I also ran sport mode the entire time, last time I ran ep as I used to do a lot to try and extend my ride range. I also rode much faster than last week just because I could. Wife finished same ride with 31% on stock battery. So far it is a game changer. I don't know what my overall max range will be yet but it looks promising, if I can just match my wife's 35 miles it will be worth every penny, it looks like I might get there and then some. Plus after 30ish miles offroad I am about to die anyway. I hope someone finds this useful as info is hard to come by on some of these sur ron products.

Leave a comment:

• Kauaiguy
    replied
    I have one that does 6-100v and up to 20a all adjustable but uses a dc power supply,only use when charging low amps and if I want to charge to less than full and still balance.It was cheap ,but power supply wasn’t but it does the job.Will have to dig up the details if you want .If your charging with 10 amps then your numbers aren’t to bad.It seems 26650 cells are more fickle at full charge,my Litespeed 26650 battery is similar

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    commented on 's reply
    My readings were at 100%. I've only been using the stock chargers. Maybe I'll have to look into a different charger. What are you using?
Working...
X