Okay to install switch v wire cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay to install switch v wire cutting?

Hi. I am curious about cutting the wire to unleash the power of the Sur Ron Black X that I just built with my son. I was thinking I'd like to put in a switch -- when he rides he gets nanny version and I can flip the switch for mayhem (ha ha.) Would there be any issue/danger in the switch being thrown to "reconnect" the green wire or disconnect the green wire while running the motor? I am nervous a switch thrown at the wrong time might ruin the motor. Thank you.

The wire is used on 5v circuit to activate a special low-power "valet" mode.
    I put a waterproof switch on mine & it stays locked under the battery cover.
    It's always best if electronics are switched @ low power but I don't expect switching under power causes any more problems than the other mode switch eh?
    Sur-Ron would have put a switch on the circuit but the wire makes the low mode "permanent".
    This is a very shady way to circumvent some laws governing speed & power that cite maximum output regulation.
    There are no laws that allow you to dial back a vehicles power to meet lower output regulations, you can't just flip a switch and make a Live-Wire into an ebike

Comment

• SUR-gary
      SUR-gary commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey X-Nitro could you please elaborate on switch brand/ model. I found few choices at autoparts but no water proof choices. thank you

• X-Nitro
      X-Nitro commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a switch like this, waterproof might be a bit of a misnomer..weather-tight is more accurate.
      https://www.amazon.com/Button-Switch...s%2C625&sr=8-5

• SUR-gary
      SUR-gary commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks pal appreciate it, its on order.

I wanted more and better than what surron provides...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	surronliteswitch.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	127575 Click image for larger version

Name:	surronlights.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	127576
    My bike has no "eco" mode just full power & "valet"

Comment

Working...