Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Segway ok here? Can you help me understand a few things about the x160 vs Sur Ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Segway ok here? Can you help me understand a few things about the x160 vs Sur Ron

I understand that segway/sur ron are quite similar and share many components or nearly all. I have a few questions and I hope this is an appropriate place to ask. I recently purchased a second hand Segway X160 that needs a little bit of love. The rear brake rotor rubs on the pads so it's always braking, the fenders have seen better days, and there are a bunch of screws missing in various locations (mostly plastics, not major components).

- Can you tell me if the sur ron light be and the x160 share all the same components? If i were to buy parts for the sur ron would i be ok?
    - Is the battery on the x160 upgradable to the x260 without mods? I cant figure out if the controller for the 160 is lesser..
    - How do you folks wash your machines? Is it ok to lightly pressure wash non motor/electrical components?

I'm sure i have more questions but for now this would be super helpful!

Kind Regards,
    Slurr-ron
    I'm new here - please be gentle

According to Segway's website the x160 has a different battery and maybe a different controller (website says its running at a different voltage)

Other differences X160 has 17" wheels. Fork and rear shock are different. (shorter travel).

Keeping these differences in mind most of the parts should be compatible.

Last edited by CosmicG; 05-08-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurr-Ron View Post
      - How do you folks wash your machines? Is it ok to lightly pressure wash non motor/electrical components?
      I would stay away from pressure washers on Ebikes, too easy to screw up and force water where you don't want it. If you carefully blast the wheels with the water always facing towards the rims and never at the bike. My cleaning regiment is, I let mine dry if muddy, then knock off the loose big stuff by hand. Then wipe by hand with a wet rag all of the dirt off. I just keep rinsing the rag in a bucket and water and keep wiping. It doesn't take that long. While pressure washer are great, not so great on ebikes. I don't even use the hose to spray off the bike except for just the rims and tires and I make sure I am always "SQUIRTING" away from the bike proper and just at the rims/wheels.

Comment

Working...
      X