Fox40 with drop top crown on the Surron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox40 with drop top crown on the Surron

The Fox 40 has just over 8inchs of travel but if you use the Stock Fox40 straight top triple clamp and the heavy duty stem bearing with adapter the fork will bottom out against the seal to triple clamp.I bought a Risse Racing drop clamp that addresses that issue or you could use the Crane Creek upper bearing with out adapter to accomplish the same affect.

ahh! I ran into this issue just recently and could not find a drop crown anywhere and I did visit Risse but I must have hit an old page or link.?
    Anyway I saw this post and checked Risse again and sure enough they do have it! I guess it won't be relegated to the DH bike after all. Thank you!

BTW I do have the cane creek upper headset and for the 2021 there still is not enough to install it per Fox spec. I had almost 8" from wiper to lower clamp but I had moved the lower clamp beyond the 137mm limit. Pre 2021 apparently had more space/room

Per Fox install guide-
    WARNING: The 2021 FOX 27.5in. and 29in. 40mm upper tube position is factory-set to safely clear a bottomed-out 2.50” tire. Standard "top of the crown" to "top of upper tube" position is 137.50mm. Never increase "top of the crown" to "top of upper tube" measurement beyond 137mm (A). Any Upper tube position greater than 137mm would reduce tire to crown clearance and cause a rider to lose control, resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
    Last edited by CosmicG; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• CosmicG
      CosmicG commented
      Editing a comment
      Got the Risse F40 clamp in today and it fits perfectly

• Kauaiguy
      Kauaiguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Got mine to but haven’t mounted yet,good to here it fits perfect!

So stoked I came across this post! I literally put my 2021 fox 40 shocks on a few days ago and was pulling my hair out! watching videos of other people with straight clamps like wtf. Thank you for the info!

Comment

Looking at Risse parts I see two drop crowns.
      P/N 23007
      and
      P/N 23223
      They look very similar and both seem to be made for the 888 forks.
      Do you know which P/N works for the F40 forks?

Comment

Yep, thanks. I just called Risse and got the correct P/N 26139.
      And I also found out they will sell a new 1.125" steerer tube for $50, not on the website tho, need to email them.
      Last edited by JeepinDoug; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
      X