10.5x3.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.5x3.5?

Trying to find a decent rear shock, none to be found by me. I've searched with no results.

Charged Cycle Works did something with a Marzocchi Bomber rear shock, which I believe is not 10.5x3.5.
    About 7:45 into this video,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGKix4hKb8

Comment

Yes I watched a YouTube video a few weeks ago where they touched on the rear shock alternative way of using a bomber but they said they would go in to a t a later date. Whatever it is it will sellout quickly if it is legit, they seem to have good advice and parts. Fixing to watch right now! Good looking out J.D.!

Comment

This is the same video I watched already, they haven't posted anything else since then to reveal there secrets sauce.

Comment

I would be happy with an all bomber suspension !

Comment

Fox Dhx2rear shock is available in 10.5x3.5 but don’t use their 10.5x3.5 spring( it doesn’t fit).The Dnm 450&550 spring does fit or you can order titanium spring from China.
            Last edited by Kauaiguy; 06-15-2021, 04:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• bigmo
              bigmo commented
              Editing a comment
              do you have a link to a titantium spring from china that will fit the stock dnm . im looking for a 550 or 600 lb spring?

• Kauaiguy
              Kauaiguy commented
              Editing a comment
              There on EBay under titanium 10.5x3.5 Mtb springs.The length of the spring should be around 7.8inch.Fox make a steel spring but it’s 8.3 inch long and can not be installed

Where can I find the dx2 rear? They seem to have all disappeared. Yeah, I just watched a video from EMB and he made the mistake of buying the the 10.5x3.5 fox spring. Thanks for the heads up Kguy. If you know where I can find a shock please point me in the right direction!

Comment

I had to order my Fox shock from the UK chainreactioncycles a few months ago, but they are out of stock at this time.
              If you don't mind international;
              https://www.bike24.com/p2140130.html...1000,1868,1918
              I ordered from them before without any problems.

Comment

• Spark
                Spark commented
                Editing a comment
                What do you think about your new shock?

• CosmicG
                CosmicG commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't have enough ride time on it to really say.
                First impressions - it doesn't feel like a drastic difference, but I am bad a feeling smaller differences in a rear shock and I had the original DNM working pretty well. I still need to fine tune and the Fox is definitely much more tunable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19414928715...IAAOSw6KxgV8YL

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.c...way%20X260.htm

Comment

What size bomber shock would Charged Cycle use? 9.5x3.0 ? Uneducated quess. There's not to many of those available right. These are just my thoughts, I m a shady shade tree wrench er at best.

Comment

Thanks Cosmic! I will check it out.

Comment

Im just curious why people like to change the rear shock? Its it just for looks and cool points or is there something bad about the dnm? I know alot of people like to say more adjust but is that necessary? Seems like the rear dnm gets dialed in pretty nicely for most...(although im no expert and am genuinely curious) i mean i would love to get a fox rear shock on mine but honestly id just be doing it for looks and clout, which doesn't seem worth it... the forks i can see the need for upgrades if you're running big jumps or in competition or a very heavy rider... the rear has that 550lb spring upgrade and everything.. rebound n preload n height spring tension all seem to be flawless on my rear shock... ive also taken some giant drops on it no probs, and im very heavy lol.
                    Last edited by Ttwinsupra; 06-16-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

If you ride hard and fast in rough terrain the stock suspension will beat you up,if you ride slow the stock suspension is ok.

Comment

Dear Guys

I am getting a RockShox BoXXer World Cup RC2 DebonAir Boost 27.5" Suspension Fork.
                        I need to know if I need to change the headset or anything I need to purchase for it to fit.

Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by dintigger View Post
                          Dear Guys

I am getting a RockShox BoXXer World Cup RC2 DebonAir Boost 27.5" Suspension Fork.
                          I need to know if I need to change the headset or anything I need to purchase for it to fit.

Thanks for your help guys
                          There are two different steerer tubes. You will want the 1.125 inch tube and it needs to be pretty long, IIRC around 7.5" long.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                            Kauaiguy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Is that supposed to be 1.25
                        Working...
                        X