Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary
    replied
    If you're using the same diameter rotors then the calipers should be a direct fit. However I've found with some brake adapters that the portion of the caliper circled below sometimes clashes....

Click image for larger version

Name:	hope.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	131048
    Last edited by rotary; 06-30-2021, 02:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeepinDoug
    replied
    IS is side mount. Surron is PM, Post mount. Surron calipers are a Shimano knock-offs. All I could tell you.

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    There's somebody else running all Hope bakes out there that's knows the in and outs. I've questioned a few guys on you tube that have the V-4 set up but they didn't comment on the installation process. I'm not to keen on all this but I'm learning. It's confusing to me.

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepinDoug View Post
    Depends on your combo.
    Rotor diameter? Forks?
    I'm using a 2019 Fox 40 and a Hope 225mm rotor up front.
    The fork is ready for a 203mm rotor.
    I pulled the adapter from the stock RST Killah fork and my wear pattern is spot on.
    It did take some knocking to get the caliper straight tho.
    If I knew what size the adapter was on the killah fork, I would order a quality name brand.
    So your running a hope disc up front with stock caliper on fox forks? I'm wanting to totally shit can the stock brakes and replace them with the V-4 hope brakes. Just confused if I need any kind of additional parts to mount the calipers. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    RST Killah forks

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    replied
    I have the rest forks and stock rotors. So the hope calipers should fit on the forks with no adapter needed. Right? Will the back brake caliper mount on with no additional parts? I will want to replace the rotors later. What do they mean by post or IS ?

Leave a comment:

• JeepinDoug
    replied
    Depends on your combo.
    Rotor diameter? Forks?
    I'm using a 2019 Fox 40 and a Hope 225mm rotor up front.
    The fork is ready for a 203mm rotor.
    I pulled the adapter from the stock RST Killah fork and my wear pattern is spot on.
    It did take some knocking to get the caliper straight tho.
    If I knew what size the adapter was on the killah fork, I would order a quality name brand.

Leave a comment:

• Spark
    started a topic Hope brakes

Hope brakes

Does anyone know if I need adapters to mount the calipers? Post or IS ? What specs do I need to know when ordering? Thanks!
Working...
X