SuperMoto tires at 19 inch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperMoto tires at 19 inch?

I know it's not the most favorable size for SuperMoto wheels. Has anyone found good street tires besides the Shinko trials tires.
    I'd like some good road tires and it looks like Shinko makes some but navigating their site is a bit wonkey.
    I don't want to buy SM wheels just for some road worthy tires.

Avon Tire Roadrider MKII Front/Rear Tire (3.25-19)

Continental Conti Go Motorcycle Tires

Comment

main reason supermoto uses 17 is tire selection -
      let us know about new tires you get -

Comment

I ended up buying a pair of the Avon tires. I will post up when I start mounting them and give my opinions.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25091.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	131997

Comment

Look Good - You will have Fun -
            what sizes did you get ?

I got SM wheels with SR - Great Fun
            rode 100 miles in large smooth concrete parking lot
            50 feet away from housing - nobody even knew I was there -

Traction on concrete is really good -
            have not been able to ride concrete because of bike noise
            quiet bike is Awesome

Comment

Post number 2 in this thread, the Avon tires. They are a little heavy but with some new power plans it shouldn't be an issue. Took about 30 minutes to assemble one and air up. Just waiting for sprocket and rotors to test. I'm about 75% dirt / 25 road.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinDoug View Post
                Post number 2 in this thread, the Avon tires. They are a little heavy but with some new power plans it shouldn't be an issue. Took about 30 minutes to assemble one and air up. Just waiting for sprocket and rotors to test. I'm about 75% dirt / 25 road.
                I'm super curious how you like them. Why the Avon over the Continental?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkytowers View Post

I'm super curious how you like them. Why the Avon over the Continental?
                  Haha.............I couldn't find the Contis in stock. The Avons were on Amazon with 3 day shipping.
                  I'm just waiting for a front rotor now, but that might be a while. Hope 225mm are hard to get.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinDoug View Post

Haha.............I couldn't find the Contis in stock. The Avons were on Amazon with 3 day shipping.
                    I'm just waiting for a front rotor now, but that might be a while. Hope 225mm are hard to get.
                    So have you actually put them on? The reason I ask is that I just put the Supermoto kit on today. I think the rear is 90/80 and it is SUPER close to the chain, so I'm wondering about these Avon's you grabbed and how they work.

Comment

• rotary
                      rotary commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was thinking of trying the supermoto wheels, how are you getting on with them?

Originally posted by sharkytowers View Post

So have you actually put them on? The reason I ask is that I just put the Supermoto kit on today. I think the rear is 90/80 and it is SUPER close to the chain, so I'm wondering about these Avon's you grabbed and how they work.
                    I haven't tried them yet because I'm waiting for the front rotor and I'm riding dirt every weekend. But my rear dirt tire is a 90/100 Dunlop MC33 on a 2.15x18 rim with no dish. I think I should have plenty of room. It will really suck if I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X