Error 13 and 17 blinks on Sur Ron red toggle light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 13 and 17 blinks on Sur Ron red toggle light

Hi, I have just tried to ride my Sur Ron after it sitting for the last 3 weeks but I am having some issues. The battery says 100%, I turn the breaker switch on, the key on and the blue USB charger lights up. The head light comes on for about 4 seconds then it starts to blink on and off in an even manner. After about 10 seconds of the head light blinking the power to the bike turns off as if it's a dead battery/ no power to the bike.
    I connected the battery charger thinking that maybe the battery was dead and I would charge it. The charger turns on and starts to charge the battery for about 3-4 seconds then shuts off with a green light on the charger. So I'm thinking the battery is charged.
    I connected the toggle cable with the red light to see if I was getting any errors. Turning the bike on and off a few separate times, I sometimes will get 13 red light blinks and other times I get 17 blinks.
    13 blinks is a battery voltage error. 17 blinks is a motor temp sensor malfunction.
    Any ides on how I can the Sur Ron to work again? Thanks!
    Last edited by Nicki; 08-03-2021, 04:22 PM.

Not sure how you fix that but see if it will run without the small plug plugged in.

Comment

• Nicki
      Nicki commented
      Editing a comment
      Which small plug?

• Kauaiguy
      Kauaiguy commented
      Editing a comment
      The one next to the power plug.Do you know anyone close by with another Surron to try there battery?Did you buy from Luna,if so start a trouble ticket with them.

• Nicki
      Nicki commented
      Editing a comment
      I just tried again and this what I found, or what is happening. I plugged the charger into the battery, the charger goes through its normal orange light then red light while charging for a few seconds then green light and the charger powers down. So Im guessing the charger thinks the battery is fully charged. I power the bike on, horn works head light on and even can do the throttle for one second and the wheel spins then the power on the bike drops out.
      I turn the bike off and plug the charger into the battery and repeat the above process. I did this a few times to confirm that this was consistent. So it seems there is a battery issue. maybe
      Without the small plug in the bike does power up as I described above.
      No one where I am with a sur ron. :( lone rider lol
      I purchased from Luna.

Update: I hooked up the battery charger to see if maybe it was the battery having an issue and left it on to charge/balance the cells for some time. I went back to turn the bike back on and now I get nothing. No usb light, no headlight, no horn, no throttle. No power to the bike at all. When checking the battery charge by pushing the battery screen button I get 0% flashing for a couple of seconds and then it reads 96%. So I'm not sure if the battery is the issue.
    I did forget to mention that earlier yesterday I did turn the bike on with no problems and worked on the bike. Oiled the chain, tyre pressured, breaks and so forth. Oiling the chain I did run the throttle so the bike was working fine. It's when I went back about two hours later to go for a ride is when the above problems occurred.

Comment

Ask Luna for the pdf for the B16 mod.Some Surron owners have had problems with the total voltage B16 connection.The Bms harness uses very thin wire that can cause various battery issues.I had to do this on my friends 2020 battery and it fixed his problem.The clue is that your battery display won’t come on ,or inaccurate.

Comment

• Kauaiguy
        Kauaiguy commented
        Editing a comment
        At the bottom of the thread index is the Surron trouble shooting guide,look under electrical trouble shooting and follow the list and do some testing.The instructions for the Bms battery hack is there among the instructions
    Working...
    X