Handle Bar Suggestions to Improve Ergonomics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handle Bar Suggestions to Improve Ergonomics

I'm 5'8" and have bad wrists so sitting hunched over on the bike isn't the best riding position for me. The back isn't too happy either on longer rides. I mostly use the bike for tooling around the neighborhood and very rarely go off road or go over 25mph. I wanted to put on a pair of handlebars that will put me in a mostly upright position. Can anyone suggest a set of handlebars and riser to get the ergonomics I'm looking for? I also am wondering if anyone knows the diameter of the stock bars too?

Thanks in advance

I bought the Deity 80mm Highside bars and love them.

https://www.deitycomponents.com/high...ebar_80mm.html

Comment

I like Jones Bars. They put your hands and wrists in a natural position. I have two sets of these in the wider version and that is a consideration as these bars are wide but I like that.

https://jonesbikes.com/jones-h-bar-b...loop-aluminum/

Comment

i used the Luna pro riser handlebar and Race Spec riser #780706. achieved nice 3 1/2" rise at reasonable price. you get a little tilt adj. with the race spec riser too.

Comment

For upright posture the Sunlite 5" rise bars are what you are looking for https://www.americancycleandfitness....medium=organic black bars & other sources can be found.
          Clamp size is said to be 31.5mm, bars up to 31.8mm.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	surroncockpit.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	141614
          Last edited by X-Nitro; 09-01-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I using a 4 inch - Straight -Bar Riser -
            has worked well -
            going to get a 6 or 7 inch Straight bar riser will be better - amazon $12
            im 5/8

Im using RollerBlade Pro wrist guards -
            they are Great - Best ive used - tried many brands -
            Get the Large size - has Longer straps that are needed -
            U will like -

Comment

Try some carbon bars!
              Attached Files

Comment

As you sit up higher, the reach to the bars will be shorter. This requires a shorter stem also. My comfort bike came with an adjustable stem. I bought all kinds of angle, and length stems.
                I finally put the adjustable back on and left it. It shortens the reach as it's raised.
                Even if you can't stand the thought of one of these on your bike. It might be worth having one around for testing.
                I'm not a big fan of carbon bars for general use. Hidden cracks, and a failure mode of snapping instead of bending makes me think of them as weight saving devices for racing bikes.
                I have them on my XC bike. But I don't completely trust them.

Comment

Working...
                X