Brake Lever - Replacement Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Lever - Replacement Suggestions Please

So ... I wrecked and trashed my brake lever on my Sur Ron. Anyone know compatible handles or what I should get? Must I change out both? Any suggestions most welcome and thanks!

Prickly Motosports makes some nice levers in different colors that fit the stock surron brakes. I believe he has them on sale too. He reduced the price the last time I visited his website. Hope that helps.

Comment

• b_warren1
      b_warren1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! They are unfortunately sold out ... are there any specs I can look up to find replacements elsewhere?

Hey Warren, If you email Sami at Prickly Motosports, I bet he could fix you up with a pair of levers pretty fast even though they are out of stock right now. Pretty sure he is going to make more soon if they are selling. He went out of his way to help me when I was in need of parts I couldn't find. Won't hurt to try. If you do let me know if he fixes you up.

Comment

Not sure about the spec info.

Comment

There are some replacement levers on ebay but they are way over priced. There are a lot of sellers that are just interested in making money on these surron parts. I would hold out till you find a set at a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by b_warren1 View Post
          So ... I wrecked and trashed my brake lever on my Sur Ron.
          A cheap set of bark=busters can save you lots of money.

I bought a cheap set for my Suzuki dual sport for less than $30,00.
          No problem making it fit on my SRX-LB.
          The only problem is leaning it against a tree when I Stop. Rounded edge doesn`t grip the round tree.
          Drifts forwards or backwards and falls over sometimes. No transmission to lock it in gear.
          But when it falls it doesn`t break anything.

Comment

• Spark
            Spark commented
            Editing a comment
            Your right Dirt, when I upgrade to a new brake system I will definitely be acquiring some busters to protect my brakes. My bike fell over and muffed my rear brake lever and I have went with out one since. I've gotten use to feathering the front brake with new pads and using the regen to slow me down.

I have a used set of the stock brakes with the purple prickly levers and ceramic pads. I do not want to part it out, so it's all or nothing. If you're interested let me know.
          Last edited by CosmicG; 09-04-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Spark
            Spark commented
            Editing a comment
            What brakes are you running now?

• CosmicG
            CosmicG commented
            Editing a comment
            currently running a set of Formula Cura 4s.

Originally posted by Spark View Post
          Hey Warren, If you email Sami at Prickly Motosports, I bet he could fix you up with a pair of levers pretty fast even though they are out of stock right now. Pretty sure he is going to make more soon if they are selling. He went out of his way to help me when I was in need of parts I couldn't find. Won't hurt to try. If you do let me know if he fixes you up.
          Prickly just posted on IG a bunch of blade levers on the machine, so expect them soon.

Comment

Good looking out JD! I knew he would be on it soon. So there you go Warren, probably your best option. I would buy a set but I bet he would even sell you a single one if thats what your wanting.

Comment

Yeah Prickly will custom make you bushing when you can't find them anywhere else. He has the tools and capabilities to machine all the bits and pieces.

Comment

Tip.... don't tighten up anything on your bars to tight, need to find that sweet spot where they stay in place while your riding but slip when you crash saving your components instead of snapping into.

Comment

Maybe a light coat of grease and just snug them up

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                    Tip.... don't tighten up anything on your bars to tight,
                    What you meant to type should of been,,,,
                    ""don't tighten up anything on your handle-bars to tight,"" until you are ready to take your SRX-LB for a ride.
                    Double check and torque Handlebar bolts to spec. Triple check that they don`t move.

DANGER..
                    Whiskey Throttle... Is when I forgot to double-check my handlebars after the bike fell off its stand.
                    Un-knowing I approached a small jump in my back yard. (3 foot high X 8 long table top jump).
                    As I approached the jump my loose handle bars moved forward.
                    Unaware what was happening my first instinct was to pull back bars resulting in instant full throttle.
                    I now know that the SRX-LB is capable of a 25 foot jump from only drifting onto the launching ramp.
                    The next morning I measured from the top of the 8-footTable top + over jumping the landing ramp.
                    I landed upright on the rear wheel and fell back hitting my head as the bike bounced off the track.
                    I noted the spot on the loose mud where my rear-tire landed. 25 foot from the top of the ramp.
                    Fortunate that the bike bounced and landed onto a small tree.

Comment

I agree with you on the bars and stem, I think that dinky little stock stem clamp and including the way the headlight bracket bolted to it is faulty. It looks like a barbie doll ring compared to the deity copperhead stem that I have on it now. Shit can the ugly headlight too with a fisher fab house, bought the first one when they come out with the black finish. My bars are also deity 3 inch rise. I'm happy and comfortable with this setup. My bike also fell over and popped the back break lever out of its socket, due to another flaw, the short kick stand. If I would have lightly snugged the brake levers up when tighten, it would slip on the bars and not snap or break. I tend to over tighten things and I don't own a torque wrench. Need to invest in one but my money is on aftermarket upgrades right now.

Comment

Forgot to mention I replaced all the console shortly after t-boning a dog.

Comment

Working...
                        X