Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAST ACE FRONT FORKS FOR SUR RON - am I all alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAST ACE FRONT FORKS FOR SUR RON - am I all alone??

Does anyone have experience upgrading forks from the Fast Ace "inverted MX style" to one of the good DH mtb forks Fox 40s or DVO? The Fast Ace triple clamps are definitely a larger diameter due to the nature of them being inverted. Not really sure what I will need to get the MTB style forks installed.

Or, has anyone had experience modifying the Fast Ace fork for better MX performance or using a YZ / CR 80 fork to replace?

Not much out there on the Sur Ron with Fast Ace. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one in the US with a Summer 2021 Sur Ron and Fast Ace fork combo....

Mountain bike forks come with crowns and a steerer tube, so you uninstall the whole Fast Ace fork and crowns, remove the crown race from the bottom of the steerer tube of the Fast Ace, install it onto the new MTB fork, then install the MTB fork on the Sur Ron.

I would recommend going the route of MTB dual crown forks, as they work great and are a simple swap. If you do a YZ/CR 80 fork swap, you'll have to figure out how to adapt it to mount to the Sur Ron frame/headset.

The popular mtb fork options are:
    Fox 40
    Marzocchi 58 (the budget version of the Fox)
    Manitou Dorado (I have one of the new Dorado Comp forks on my SR). The 29" wheel, drop crown new version fits with no mods. The 27.5" flat upper crown new version would likely need to swap the upper headset to a standard mtb version instead of the tapered roller type.
    DVO
    Rockshox Boxxer

Comment

• kstein7766
      kstein7766 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks, this is exactly the info I needed. Now just need to find some forks in stock.
Working...
X