Regen on a switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regen on a switch?

Not the sport eco switch, but another switch on the handle bar that can open the circuit after the break switches, before the controller, effectivly disabling or enabling the crontroller from knowing the status of the brake sensors. Then you could have sport mode with or without regen , selectable by a switch.. another thing i cant help but wonder is if this switch could be replaced with a potentiometer, would regen react to less than 12v input, if so a regen throttle of sorts could be used..

its doubtfull, but ya never know.

Green Line Engineering is offering a regen brake potentiometer as part of their BAC4000 kit; I highly doubt that the Sur Ron firmware allows such a function on their own BMS.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKol View Post
      Green Line Engineering is offering a regen brake potentiometer as part of their BAC4000 kit; .
      Surron/Segway/ Emoto ASI BAC4000 Ready to Run Monster Power Upgrade Kit
      Regular price $879.00
      SOLD OUT
      Thanks anyway.. Good information for all light bee owners.

Comment

With only 60 miles on my SR now, I am still a newbie, but I am loving the SPORT mode, for controlling descents. The gravel road behind my house that leads to a cell tower farm (and trails, still snowed in though) is 800' vert, and coming down on my fat bike always requires constant braking. this route was my first "test" of the SPORT mode and it provided enough braking to need no brakes, the 3 or4 % of charge back into the battery was a bonus. I can see my trail riding, the steep stuff, being in ECO, with SPORT just being used on descents.

With a 64T sprocket, I am kinda missing my thumb throttle on my fat bike, which lets me hold onto to something solid without inadvertent blips of the throttle, which with the 64T results in wheel spin or wheelies. I'd like to see a twist grip throttle with a solid portion, not the entire thing rotating. I rode motorcycles of all types for years, so know how to use a twist grip throttle, but since I have grown to appreciate a properly located thumb throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by CPG View Post
          I'd like to see a twist grip throttle with a solid portion, not the entire thing rotating. I rode motorcycles of all types for years, so know how to use a twist grip throttle, but since I have grown to appreciate a properly located thumb throttle.
          That's actually an interesting idea. I have a higher power sur ron and the torque jerk of the electric response from minor throttle movements in the rough is a problem.
          Cut off the outer half of the plastic throttle tube so only the inner half is throttle, outer is a solid rest for the palm.
          Stock it's like trying to drive a car without your heel on the floor, but the car is also going over whoop jumps.
          I might actually try it and report back.

Comment

• AZguy
            AZguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a very long (started in the 60's) moto rider/racer

I have a half throttle on my BBSHD bike and it's great, really like it, gives very precise control and makes it less strain for cruising too...

Do it! I'd have done something similar already but was hesitant to mess with the stock setup, and thought I was just being a pussy over the issue! Your analogy of the car throttle without a heel on the floor sums up my experience perfectly, while is stock power, that 64 T tooth is torquey as hell.

Comment

Working...
          X