X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power cutting out!...

2018 Surron light bee:
    Looking for some help with a tech issue (power cutting out):
    All sensors have been removed. All bone stock electrics and battery, I only have the fisher fab house light installed. Bike has 3900km's on it... bike and battery was well taken care of, not ridden excessively hard.
    Sometimes, if I turn the ignition, it won't turn on. Sometimes I get just the speedo and no battery, sometimes everything turns on but it will hesitate and the speedo flashes....sometimes it will go but while riding it will cut out power to rear wheel, but the speedo stays on and battery % goes out.

I just swapped out the stock controller for a brand new X controller and the issue persists...I really think it's a battery issue.
    Any idea of what the issue could be and how to fix?
    TIA
    Last edited by Surronator08; 04-25-2022, 09:08 PM.

Look up the B16 mod in the Surron sticky thread on Surron fix’s,that match’s your symptoms.

Comment

Just a couple hours ago, on a trail ride, nothing happened when I turned the key. I shut it back off, tried again, and it booted up as normal. As of now, I'm considering it a minor and infrequent glitch, that doesn't need fixing. IF...it does it a lot, I will have a different attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by Kauaiguy View Post
        Look up the B16 mod in the Surron sticky thread on Surron fix’s,

Comment

• Kauaiguy
          Kauaiguy commented
          Editing a comment
          With that fault you might not get a blink code because bms sees 0 volts when B16 has bad connection ( Bms is in the battery and records/faults).The percentage meter usually/can read zero

I've been talking with Luna and it's most likely a battery issue. I just tried to pop the top of the lid to test the voltages coming from the BMS leads but there is hard epoxy on all the terminals and connections. I don't see how it's possible to service this thing? Seb (from Luna) has a video on youtube of him testing the 16 connections coming from the BMS but not sure how he got everything unattached. Anyone have any experience with working on these batts?

Comment

Use a hair dryer to soften the glue,it comes off pretty easy.

Comment

when i bypassed my stock battery i used a flat head to pop up that insulator material. then used black gasket maker to put a blob back on the top when done. that's not my idea. I think i stole it from ebmx or GLE video. this is a very easy task. the only concern is to ensure you don't accidentially cross talk those wires. once the insulator is off they can easily pass current through a misplaced screw driver.

Comment

Working...
            X