No throttle - unplug DC-converter it works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No throttle - unplug DC-converter it works

Hi, new to the forum and a bit hard to navigate around here to find the info I need. Maybe someone have posted this before.
    Turned on the bike. Lights/ display works ( No new fault codes. Says "P1" and "E2" like it always does), battery almost full. But no throttle. Disconnected brake sensors and the tilt sensor. Bike stand-sensor has broken off ( the wire) and is always "disconnected" anyhow. Still no action. I may not have unplugged everything at once, but one after another it doesn`t make any difference.
    When unplugging the DC-converter I have no lights/ display. And no brake sensors ( or other sensores, I guess). But the bike works then. The throttle seem ok and I can adjust the speed from slow to fast ( haven`t testet top speed so I don`T know if it`s a bit slower than usual).
    Replaced the DC-converter with a new one. Still no throttle.
    Any ideas? Unhook all sensors at once?
    BR Jan Hansen, Norway

If your bike stand sensor broke off make sure those wires aren’t shorting together,mine did until I found that out.I just removed the whole wire to the plug

Comment

Hi again, I checked the bike stand wire and it wasn`t shorted. I took off both brake sensors, the tilt sensor and removed the bike stand sensor altogether. I also checked the soldering/ connection on the red and black big wire on the back of the X-controller ( it says in the troubleshooting manual to check that the small wires that attaches to those big red and black wires aren`t un-soldered) They looked just fine.
      But the throttle still doesn`t do anything even without all those sensors.
      And another thing; I think I do have OK communication between the battery and bike display. Saw a video (821) The SUR-RON has a Problem! - YouTube. His batterydisplay wouldn`t turn on when he switched the bike on. On mine the battery will indicate when I turn the main fuse. Then after a few seconds the display goes black. But turns on again and stays on when I turn the key to the on-position. When I turn the key off, both bikedisplay and batterydisplay goes black. I think all this i completely normal. Just describing it to you...
      More suggestions to what can be wrong? I think the bike is still under warranty so it will be fixed one way or the other. But if I am supposed to keep the bike I think it`s good to learn to understand it for future repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Janrbh17 View Post
        Saw a video (821) The SUR-RON has a Problem! - YouTube.
        I think the bike is still under warranty so it will be fixed one way or the other.
        I think it`s good to learn to understand it for future repairs.
        Watched the whole video posted above. Had to read all the comment to find the solution to his problem.
        Comment # 25.. did u get it fixed?
        MOTO MACHINEZ
        Yes was repaired under warranty. Well I actually had a new replacement battery as old one had a problem.

Suggestion. Better hurry before your warranty run out.
        Keep us informed as to what the problem was for our own information.

Comment

It turns out there is a solution to this problem:

"If your bike is road legal and displays “P1” on startup, the brake signal must be parasited somewhere.
          The easiest method is to remove the “green/yellow” wire on the controller main connector to inhibit this signal.".

So I cut the yellow-grenn wire and it works again ( the brake sensors don`t work, but thats OK)

Comment

"no new fault codes, it says P1 and E2 like it always does"?? So the bike worked before showing P1, what does it display now?
            Poor adjustment, short circuit or pulling the sensors out of the levers will show brake activation to the controller, If the sensors are unplugged or you cut the wire there is no signal. On a street version bike the brake-light function is also affected.
            Always be sure to screw the sensor into the lever mount far enough to be activated by the lever, there is a little locking set-screw underneath.
            Last edited by X-Nitro; 05-08-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X