Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charger issues? Only charging to 60%

Hey folks,
    I'm having a strange issue with my charger that I haven't seen anything about online. It is only charging my battery up to 60%, which is 60.0v. When I plug it in, I get a few green flashes, a few red flashes, then back to green. It doesn't do the "alternating" flashing that people usually demonstrate when the battery is too low, and I've tried the fix where you unplug then re-plug the charger during its bootup sequence but it hasn't gone into the second red-flashing stage. It seems almost as if the charger has gone into some sort of battery-lifespan-preserving mode or something. Or maybe it's just faulty.

My battery is bypassed, but I've never had any issues with it in the past, which is why i suspect the charger.

Anyway, if you've seen this in the past or know anything about it, please let me know!
    Thanks!

Try another battery charger to see if it’s a battery problem or charger problem.A bypass battery can easily get over discharged and have cells get out of balance,might be what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by trailpoacher View Post
      Hey folks,
      I'm having a strange issue with my charger that I haven't seen anything about online. It is only charging my battery up to 60%.

My battery is bypassed.

Anyway, if you've seen this in the past or know anything about it, please let me know!
      I`m letting your know about another recent post in this forum; (2 days ago)
      Its from CPG Multiamps % amp of charger;
      C&Ped..
      Like the "deluxe" LUNA 52 volt charger..
      So I now have three Sur Ron chargers, a 2 amp Gritshift very basic charger, the new Chi one, plus the 10 amp charger that came with the bike.
      I am selling both of the chargers I won't be using, if anyone is needing an additional one.
      Last edited by dirtman; 05-12-2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Well, I tried some other chargers, and it's only this battery. My guess is that the charging portion of the BMS failed somehow and needs to be replaced. If anyone wants a cheap battery, let me know! Lol

Comment

You could get a cheap Bms just for charging and bypass for discharge.The 40/60 amp Bms are small enough to fit under lid and about $30

Comment

Working...
          X