Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High beam questions

Greetings,
    As I live in Norway, autumn/fall and especially certain tunnels will be very dark. I would therefore like to mount a high beam to my Light Bee. The Speedo have a high beam indicator, which also turns on (blue) for a few seconds when I turn on the ignition, but I have not been able to figure out how to enable it, and no wires seems to be ready for it.
    Do I have to play with the RS485? If so, anyone have the protocols needed to enable/disable this LED? It would be neat to have this indicator act with my high beam.

If not, I can use the 12V that goes to the USB charger (rated at 12V 1A), but then my other question is; what is the 12V converter rated for, and how much current is it giving to the rest of the system? Will I get any trouble if I for example pull 4A (3A more than the USB charger port)?

Hi. This is Carles, from Barcelona. I've just buyed an lb1e surron and i've found there is no daylight, no high beam., like you say...
    I've just done something similar in my emtb and I think we must use a multiple relay (solid one better) just to begin from 60 to 12 v converter (supposed 10 A), and then you can manage such an amperage while managing from the switch and screen lights without burning them.
    That should let manage 120W , that is enough for me in high beam.
    Will develop that next days. Could keep on line if you're i terested on it. Thanks

Comment

Comment

Comment

High beam above and low beam below. 96+30=126w

Comment

Greetings Carles, and thanks for showing your own project!
            I've gone a bit "off road" and dug out my old flashlight project.
            I know that this won't be much legal for me to put on the bike, but the light output should at least be enough for nighttime, with 3x1800 lumen LED's.

I will do some attempts to hack my way into the RS485 to see if I can get the high beam LED to light up. It may take a month or two though, as work have been hammering on me for quite some time, and I desperately need to chillax in my soon coming vacation.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X