64 T sprocket V. 40 T and range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 T sprocket V. 40 T and range

I rode 22 miles today, all mountain trails except for 1/2 mile of city streets, to get to the trailhead, with a buddiy and his totally stock SR, with a unclipped green wire. Mine is clipped, though I have no idea if that makes any difference regarding the regen, and a 64 T. I had heard that for steep trail riding, a larger sprocket will give longer range, while if mostly street riding it will give worse. Makes sense, today seemed to prove it or at least indicate so. Both of us were at 100%, both rode the same trails the same speed, he ended up at 31%, and I at 46%. Even allowing for wonky displays, that still seems to favor the big sprocket for more when doing lots of mountaibn trails. I use "sport" on all my downhills, him not so much, that may have helped. He does weigh about 35 pounds more than I do though.

I ride 13 miles mountain trails and have around 45% battery - stock gearing 180 pounds -
    pretty much full throttle and 48mph all the way - lots up/down hills

Comment

Riding the same trail at the same speeds would seem to be the best way to illustrate any range differences between a higher and lower geared bike. One buddy is adament that my 64 T will yield less range, my arguement is it won't, at least on the steep and rocky trails we ride, average speed on a couple hour ride is less than 12 MPH, real steep, real rocky.

Comment

Working...
      X