Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sur-Ron - No Throttle

Hi Guys

Just joined up as trying to fix a Sur-ron with a dead throttle, (bike powers on, wait & don't touch throttle, & still no throttle response)
    The details:
    Diagnostics lead is flashing as normal, (not showing any fault code)
    Battery is fully charged & fine (works in other bikes fine)
    Kick stand & brake sensors have been disconnected from day one (1900kms on the clock)

I plugged in a new throttle & tested in my hand, it worked fine, then proceeded to remove old throttle & fit new one, after re-routing cable etc & fitting to handlebar, went to test again & nothing, same problem of a dead throttle on the new one fitted...

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Fray Dogg View Post
    Hi Guys

Just joined up as trying to fix a Sur-ron with a dead throttle, (bike powers on, wait & don't touch throttle, & still no throttle response)
    The details:
    Diagnostics lead is flashing as normal, (not showing any fault code)
    Battery is fully charged & fine (works in other bikes fine)
    Kick stand & brake sensors have been disconnected from day one (1900kms on the clock)

I plugged in a new throttle & tested in my hand, it worked fine, then proceeded to remove old throttle & fit new one, after re-routing cable etc & fitting to handlebar, went to test again & nothing, same problem of a dead throttle on the new one fitted...

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    On my brand new Sur-ron, I find a dead throttle if bike is off for a while and I go to re-start. Sometimes I get the 14 flash error code, sometimes not. But I am finding the bike starts right up and the throttle works if the bike is started with the kickstand down after waiting 10-15 sec. So reinstall your kickstand sensor and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• dirtman
      dirtman commented
      Editing a comment
      On my brand new 2020 SRX-LB
      A problem with my LS rear brake handle sticking cutting power.
      Simple fix. I had to learn to flick the brake handle to make the bike move.
      No big deal, something I learned to live with.
      Solution. Cut & taped the wiring to the LS rear brake.
      I didn`t cut the RS front brake cable in case of emergency shut off or if I ever need to install a rear brake light circuit.
Working...
X