Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise / Pitch Increase After Rear Wheel Upgrade ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise / Pitch Increase After Rear Wheel Upgrade ??

Hey guys,

I ordered a Warp9 16' rear wheel + 110 length chain with a 54T sprocket a few weeks ago. When I installed it, I noticed that it increased the noise level and added a slightly higher pitch "whine" to it. Rather obnoxious and kind of sounds like a mini chainsaw.. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only took it on a quick test ride and hopped back off just incase something was wrong.. I have triple check the chain, and the new sprocket to make sure there are no issues. I even re-installed the stock sprocket/chain on the new wheel setup to eliminate the possibility of it being the new sprocket.. Which even that produced that same high pitch whine.
    The only thing I can think of is an issue with the tire/wheel setup.. Unless thats a normal to expect..

Any advice or input?

Thanks!
    -Dylan

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
    Hey guys,

I ordered a Warp9 16' rear wheel + 110 length chain with a 54-T sprocket a few weeks ago.
    sounds like a mini chainsaw.. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I ordered a 2020 SRX-LB about 30 months ago
    Read somewhere that for offroad you might need a larger rear sprocket.
    I ordered a 54 tooth when I ordered the bike. Luna doesn`t sell chains.
    Luna salesman gave me the info to order a 110 link chain for the 54-T.
    The 110 link chains seemed way too loose so I cut off two links now a 108 link chain.
    Others on this forum also recommend a 108 link for a 54-t sprocket.
    I ordered a 110-L O ring chain, I received a 110-L ER-DID super non-o-ring gold.

Just guessing that your 110-L chain might be too loose or needs adjusted tighter.

Comment

Chain is just louder. You might try an o-ring chain if its not too wide and see if its any quieter.

Comment

Working...
      X