Circuit breaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circuit breaker

Luna is out of stock on breakers, anything out there to replace my always on unit’ 3 weeks old

Go to EBay,under 125amp solar breaker din rail mount,seller is buycheapsolar.2 for 19.99 with free shipping,identical to the Surron breaker,same manufacturer
    Last edited by Kauaiguy; 08-19-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

American Surron claims to have them in stock: https://americansurron.com/products/...ircuit-breaker

Comment

Originally posted by -shaggs- View Post
        American Surron claims to have them in stock: https://americansurron.com/products/...ircuit-breaker
        There also selling the EBay version,there photo is not the stock Surron breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kauaiguy View Post
          There also selling the EBay version,there photo is not the stock Surron breaker.
          That matches whats in my bike and its a 2022 model. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220820_002854233.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	154938

Comment

Here’s one from Luna Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	154940

Comment

I replaced my original with one like yours but they both do a bad job of passing current ( voltage sag probably because of cheap conductors,I think their steel)

Comment

My link shows a matching 100A CB. https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-replac...rcuit-breaker/

Is the 125A one better than the 100A one?

Comment

• dirtman
                  dirtman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ""Is the 125A one better than the 100A one?""
                  ...Is.......125A......better than.........100A..?

P= E x I.
                  P-watts = E-volts x I-amps
                  ..........6000-watts =.. 60-volts x 100-amps
                  ..........7500-watts =.. 60-volts x 125-amps

Kguy ""they both do a bad job of passing current
                  (volt sag probably because of cheap conductors,I think their steel)

I understand Ohms Law but putting a bigger breaker in does not jump the current up. A bigger breaker just means that a higher current rating is needed to blow it. So you're letting more current thru than the manufacturer specified. Which can be unsafe. If you want more actual amps, then you'll need a different battery.

I guess I should have phrased it differently. Why do you think the 125A is better than the 100A?

Comment

• Kauaiguy
                  Kauaiguy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I run 200amps thru my 125amp breaker and have never had it trip,I think they mostly work to prevent spark when connecting your battery up( while breaker is off).There steel connectors make for pretty good voltage drop at higher settings.

• pismocycler
                  pismocycler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most breakers are designed to run at rated current indefinitely. Many will run at 2X rated current for an extended period of time like 30 min, and for shorter periods of time as the current goes up. You need to know the actual specs for the breaker to know for sure.
              Working...
              X