Is better throttle control possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is better throttle control possible?

Love my sur-ron, except the throttle response. Sport mode is as good as it gets for non-glitchy responsiveness. But even sport mode really isn't that good. On my bike, I avoid operating btwn certain speed ranges if at all possible due to how glitchy the throttle response is, even on smooth terrain like a paved street. On really rugged terrain, often I unavoidably brake the rear wheel loose due to the slightest movement of my right wrist, which is unavoidable on rough and loose surfaces.

Has anyone come up w/ anything for this? I'd guess no as I'm also guessing its the controller that needs to be tweaked. Really a shame as the rest of the bike is stellar with a few minor mods.

I've discovered two solutions.

1 - replace the electronic throttle with the cable one. This is perfect if you plan you keep the controller stock. Also way cheaper, about $85 shipped. Really wish Talaria would make one for the Sting.

2 - replace the controller. I grabbed a Sintech since it was in stock at the time, ha. That with the electronic throttle is super smooth. You can adjust the throttle response in the software too if you want. Upwards of $1k though.
    Last edited by -shaggs-; 08-29-2022, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knobby1 View Post
      Love my sur-ron, except the throttle response. Sport mode is as good as it gets for non-glitchy responsiveness. But even sport mode really isn't that good. On my bike, I avoid operating btwn certain speed ranges if at all possible due to how glitchy the throttle response is, even on smooth terrain like a paved street. On really rugged terrain, often I unavoidably brake the rear wheel loose due to the slightest movement of my right wrist, which is unavoidable on rough and loose surfaces.

Has anyone come up w/ anything for this? I'd guess no as I'm also guessing its the controller that needs to be tweaked. Really a shame as the rest of the bike is stellar with a few minor mods.
      I would check your throttle to be sure it is putting out a clean 1.0 to 4.0 V signal without glitches. If you ride mostly on the street, the Kaniwaba electronic pedal kit seems to contol speed a lot smoother than the throttle, but is probably not great for off road riding.

Comment

Originally posted by -shaggs- View Post
        I've discovered two solutions.

1 - replace the electronic throttle with the cable one. This is perfect if you plan you keep the controller stock. Also way cheaper, about $85 shipped. Really wish Talaria would make one for the Sting.

2 - replace the controller. I grabbed a Sintech since it was in stock at the time, ha. That with the electronic throttle is super smooth. You can adjust the throttle response in the software too if you want. Upwards of $1k though.
        Great news! Cld u suggest a particular cable throttle to get?

Comment

Originally posted by Knobby1 View Post

Great news! Cld u suggest a particular cable throttle to get?
          The only one I know of is from Luna Cycles - https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-cable-...onversion-kit/

Or you could buy mine since I'm not using it anymore, ha. Comes with a set of ODI Rogue grips.

Comment

Wow, thanks shaggs. I was so sure no fix was possible I didn't bother posting. Till now. After riding like 300 miles in 2 weeks.

For 75$, I guess I'd prefer to buy new. But if Luna is outta stock standby. Thx again.

Comment

No problem. I've only had it a month, so let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X