About my one year experience with the Sur Ron Light Bee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About my one year experience with the Sur Ron Light Bee

I have developed a website about my own experience with the Sur Ron Light Bee. I've owned mine for a little over a year.
    https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/
    I developed this website to help other Sur Ron Owners.

Very nice page.. Thanks for the shoutout to that video I made on the pedal kit, that was a very spur of the moment thing I made grabbing my phone while helping my bro work on his own Surron. Your page on pedal kit maintenance looks a whole lot nicer!

Comment

• Markk
      Markk commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL thanks. Your video helps loads of folks. The 'dreaded pedal kit' is misunderstood so I thought I too would explain how I work on mine.

Mark,

Thank you for the page and all of the detail. New owner and user here, having received my bike just yesterday. Bit of motorcyle histroy here, but no MTB experience, but this bike is stunningly awsome. I too am a mechanical/electrical hacker, and like yourself I try and do thing things "right". I appreciate your page for that. I have a big back country trip planned for next week, and I am finishing the build of a proper solar charge system for my new buddy.

Back to your page, the other benefit for folks like me who perhaps do not trust social media is having a quality resource away from the what I think is probably the main Sur-Ron group/info which I think is facebook.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

• Markk
      Markk commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Craig and thank you for your kind words. Just to clarify I WAS one of the admins on the private Sur Ron FB group. I had deleted my 'regular' account over two years ago because I do NOT agree with Facebook's business practices. I reluctantly rejoined under a BS name JUST TO BE IN THAT GROUP because the SR is still not that well known. And outside of the FB group I noticed SO MANY "statements of fact" by individuals who don't own or have never seen/ridden one in real life. So I put forth the time and effort to assemble my site to help other owners. That was my sole reason for all of the labor.

I am a full time professional photographer and HATE forums because so many trolls like to reside in these places. I had my fill of them talking, but never showing their body of work, which for me is the REAL WAY to ascertain for me if their words match their ability. Test shots and stats don't mean shit to me and more importantly not to my clients.

Anyway I hope my SR site helps others.

• Bearbait in NM
      Bearbait in NM commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark,

Thanks for clarifying that there is a facebook forum/group. As far as I am concerned FB can go to heck, and I am not even willing to fake an account to accommodate that company. I spend time on very few forums myself, as I tend to prefer groups who are about community and help, not stroking particular ego's. Doesn't take long to sort that out about a place.

I spent quite a few weeks edumacating myself on e-bikes, and did not see much in the way of bad or negative opinion/info on the Sur-Ron. I initially discarded the Sur-Ron early on, as I do like to support American products. But being self-employed myself, I also place a high premium on quality. Luna's tear-down video was quite an eye-opener for me. The gang at Luna appeared to me to be the correct combination of proper American Pig capitalists, and cutting edge mad e-bike pioneers. I can get behind that.

Having watched the Sur-Ron VLOG with your appearance, I can say that we are of similar vintage. Embracing technology sure can be beneficial to keeping the old noodle cob-web free.

Craig

• Markk
      Markk commented
      Editing a comment
      Just today Craig I was made aware of a 'thing' on FB which ages photos of people to see what they look like at an older age. (of course no women apparently posted their photos) Just another reminder to me of why I don't trust social media. Using MY information to make money. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/faceapp...opment-russia/
Working...
X