Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold

Bike has been SOLD
    Last edited by Nebakanezzar; 1 week ago.

Are you willing to reconsider the no shipping? I would like to get my hands on that bike but I live in Frederick Maryland.

Comment

Pm'ed about this bike. Let me know.

Comment

Be honest, what didn't you like about it?

We never get every penny out of our toys when we sell them. I live close enough that I can come and pick it up from you if you ever decide to come down in price

Comment

Hey SpaceMonkey,

Of all things to compline about, I feel this thing is just too powerful for my intended use, lol.

I looked into EMTB s as a way to get into shape. Im mid 50s 6'5" ~290lbs and I live by a lake with a lot of trails. I had test rode a Specialized Levo and a Obrea Wild before I bought this, and I went with the Apollo because I thought the more powerful bike would better for a guy my size...but this thing is just too powerful, PAS 1 feels like turbo on the Levo! I think this bike is better suited for touring/commuting than riding trails. that said I have been riding it on my local trails with good success.

I will admit the throttle came in handy the last ride I took, I wore myself out and used the throttle most of the way home, lol. I have been on 4 rides now and got about 40 miles on the first charge with ~20% battery remaining. I also got it up to 30mph on blacktop witht he throttle, and i think it could have eeked out a few more MPH had I peddled as well...definitely more with a lighter rider.

My plan is to get a Levo if/when this sells, and if not see if I can tune down the PAS settings, or maybe a see if a Archon X1 controller can be fitted.

all that said, im not gonna take it in the shorts, but ill listen to reasonable offers...

Comment

Nebakanezzar - Have you tried tweaking the controller parameters? It seems like you could make that do just want you want. Most factory tunes are terrible although luna's are better than most every rider is different and every bike too and I've *never* met a tune that couldn't be improved... sometimes a lot!

Comment

Have not tried tweaking, think that would be my next step... I need to read up on that.

Comment

• AZguy
                AZguy commented
                Editing a comment
                I would definitely do that before giving up on the bike - it's pretty easy and just lowering the PAS currents may be all it takes to tame it down enough - at least to a starting point for real fine tuning. With the ultra motors the torque sensor has lots of tweaks too

AZguy,

do you have any good recourses/tutorial for tweaking the Bafang Ultra you can point me towards?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nebakanezzar View Post
                AZguy,

do you have any good recourses/tutorial for tweaking the Bafang Ultra you can point me towards?

thanks!
                I have a BBSHD and have done parameters on several BBSHD's and BBS02's but only touched the ultra settings that are shared and not messed with the torque sensor so really odn't have any experience with that.

There are several sources on the net's, and on this forum and endless-sphere too - I'd encourage a little searching and plan on spending some time reading

This forum's sticky guide for BBSxx settings is here: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ramming-basics

I go with an "unlimited" profile where the speeds are set at 100% across the board... I have never had any joy with speed limited profiles and also find them to be less efficient. These days I've set my initial PAS1 current very low at 6% - most tunes out there have it much higher (*way* too high IMO) at 35-60% - 50% is around 750W! 6% is more like 90W. I also set the throttle start current at the lowest to 1% which gives it excellent feel when cracking it from off. I prefer "current" mode for the throttle although some don't like that since if you go WOT it can toss you so they opt for "speed" which will be more gentle if you go WOT in a low gear at a stop or low speed (I say just don't do that FWIW). Most PAS current settings I've seen on "factory tunes" are fairly linear - i.e. each step close the same amount percentage-wise greater as the one before... this never made any sense to me and so I do a pure geometric progression - i.e. each step is the same multiple of the one before... in my case with 9 levels each step is roughly 1.4x the one before and every other twice as much as the one before:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PASlevels.png Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	141814

Comment

Price Lowered

Comment

Hi Neb, I sent you a PM. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X