Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cane Creek Thudbuster LT 4G version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cane Creek Thudbuster LT 4G version.

These have gotten to be up around $200 lately. I found them new for $129
    Selling bikes since 1986! Mountain Bikes, Hardtail, Full Suspension, Road, Gravel, cycling apparel, bike components, protection. With both online channel and retail stores in California shipping to all US states with free shipping over $50.

I just installed an SR Suntour SP12NCX suspension post on my fully rigged Surly. I'm happy with it so far, but I haven't really made any comparisons.

Comment

Looks like the Suntour uses a similar geometry to the thudbuster so that aspect should be similar and an improvement over the style that just slides up and down in the tube like I have. That just leaves the damping. Thudbuster uses an elastomer and it looks like the suntour is using maybe just a spring in the tube?

Comment

• Retrorockit
        Retrorockit commented
        Editing a comment
        The Suntour is a spring in a tube with a preload adjuster by Allen wrench in the bottom. It seems well built but is heavy as hell.At the same price as the TBLT I wouldn't get it, but if there is enough savings to be had it's an option.I bought one on sale, tried it and sold it to a price conscious user with a bad back. I have enough Thudbusters already for my own bikes. It definitely didn't belong on my lightweight XC bike. But since it;s a Softtail I took the TB LT off too for street use.
        One reason to look at other linkage seatposts is the TB LT takes up a lot of room on the seatpost. Not all frames will have room for it. The TB ST is smaller, and I think the Suntour is also.
        Last edited by Retrorockit; 07-26-2023, 08:20 AM.

• Retrorockit
        Retrorockit commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's the thread where I found the SR Suntour on sale.
        I found cane creek Thudbuster LT on sale. I haven't seen these discounted very often. I own a couple of these. https://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-Thudbuster-Travel-Seatpost/dp/B000T3BYH6?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000T3
    Working...
    X