Found my first bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my first bike!

Damn craigslist. Probably a block from Luna but miles from me. Have any of you faced this temptation?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1963_wildwood_dr_bike-6000.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	541.1 KB
ID:	73238

Click image for larger version

Name:	00808_8DBi4YjOgv6_600x450.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	73239

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...681589735.html

Will we see shipping charges from OC and electric conversion in your future? =]

Comment

If my first bike was that cool, I'd have to get one back. As do you!
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I don't dare tell the Schwinn antique guys I am thinking hub motor and might mini. Went on the net and would need some real help to know what I am buying. Looks like a 24" was available and that might be better now I am six foot tall. Looking at my kid photo again I kept thinking, am I white or what? The photo doesn't show it, but this is Highland Park, East LA. I was a minority. Looking at the photo I think I would have been beaten up no matter where I lived.

Comment

Here's the best pic I could find of an example of my "first bike" - it actually had a three speed transmission and a hand operated clutch... very unusual in the day... most all were simple single-speed centrifugal clutches back then and it had an enormous fuel tank by comparison too...

Click image for larger version  Name:	willier.AL366.jpg Views:	1 Size:	301.1 KB ID:	73271

Comment

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            Rupp or CZ engine? I bet your neighbors loved you,

No idea - it looked just like the one in the picture there with the finned head.

I grew up where it was all just groves and the houses weren't very close. We were on a gravel road and there were trails to get around. It was very hilly too.

Father was cool about it but I had to keep it hidden in a shed so ma didn't see it LOL...

Comment

Working...
          X