New 24-48V Heinzmann hub motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 24-48V Heinzmann hub motors

These new old stock brushed & geared motors will put out around 1,200 watts reliably. Powerful, high quality German made, they have been used for years in Europe, and were selected by Lee Iococca for his EVG bike. Can be run at 24V and 48V (with limited amps), but at 36V gave me a nice 20mph commuter/cruiser with good torque (250lb rider). Hub only weighs about 8lbs and can be run with an inexpensive brushed controller. I had the gears spot welded at points where they occasionally fail, and will repack with fresh premium grade grease. They come laced to a 26" rim or bare and have a nice built in torque arm. My first one bought through the official channel cost $600! I have about 6 of these new & unused. $100 each... Shipping & handling would be about $15 to SoCal, $27 to WA, $30 to TX, $40 to NY, and $58 to Vancouver.
    Last edited by BikeEV; 03-08-2016, 10:24 AM. Reason: Shipping estimates added

Wow I remember when Henzmann motors were the best of the best.

Great price at $100 for a laced motor.

Comment

Shipping costs? Payment method?

Comment

I'll get an estimate soon. PayPal or cash likely.

Comment

Do you still have any laced into a front wheel?

Comment

• Louis
            Louis commented
            Editing a comment
            Never got answer and this was in February.

• BikeEV
            BikeEV commented
            Editing a comment
            So sorry for not replying! These were all rear motors with an over locknut dimension of 135mm. They could POSSIBLY be made to fit a fat 110mm front fork, but not a typical 100mm. They have been passed on to the kind folks at Luna.

• BikeEV
            BikeEV commented
            Editing a comment
            So sorry Louis! I added shipping estimates in the last line of the listing. The 4 of these motors that were unused now belong to Luna. Contact them if still interested.

I've read that the Heinzmann is a geared hub where you can definitely hear the gears, but...they are also definitely known for their German quality. If you are used to the common cheap Chinese hubs, the Heinzmann is the Mercedes of small hubs. Works quite well at 36V.

Comment

• BikeEV
            BikeEV commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, there is some gear noise (all steel innards), but I don't think it's terrible. I enjoyed commuting at 36v & 20mph. Contact Luna if you want to try one!

Exactly why I jumped to get a price. Everything I read was stellar.

Comment

• BikeEV
            BikeEV commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry Louis. Shipping estimates were added to the end of the original listing. If still interested, contact Luna. I passed them on...

Originally posted by BikeEV View Post
          These new old stock brushed & geared motors will put out around 1,200 watts reliably. Powerful, high quality German made, they have been used for years in Europe, and were selected by Lee Iococca for his EVG bike. Can be run at 24V and 48V (with limited amps), but at 36V gave me a nice 20mph commuter/cruiser with good torque (250lb rider). Hub only weighs about 8lbs and can be run with an inexpensive brushed controller. I had the gears spot welded at points where they occasionally fail, and will repack with fresh premium grade grease. They come laced to a 26" rim or bare and have a nice built in torque arm. My first one bought through the official channel cost $600! I have about 6 of these new & unused. $100 each... Shipping & handling would be about $15 to SoCal, $27 to WA, $30 to TX, $40 to NY, and $58 to Vancouver.
          So I was doing research on these . heinzman list these as 24v 250 watt, my eroupa bike specs says 36v 400 watt. But the battery only does 360 watts. Ok to the question. I get a different motor controller I could do 48v 500 watt easy right? Also I have to re-spoke my hub, while it's out should I change the brushes? Whats this tack welding you speak of?
          Thanks Ed.

Comment

Hey Ed, sorry for the delay in response. These brushed DC motors can be run at a variety of voltages. The 24 & 36v are the most common, but I briefly ran one at 48v, and was told by an engineer at Heinzmann that 48v is ok as long as amps are kept low. So if you use a 48v controller that keeps amps under, say 20 amps (around 1,000w), you should be good. There are a few internal gears that are simply press fit in place and have been known to slip. I had a local welder put a few small welds on these spots to strengthen the motor.
            Last edited by BikeEV; 10-08-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X