WTB Luna Triangle battery bag - non velcro-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Luna Triangle battery bag - non velcro-

wtb non velcro Luna battery triangle bag. The only thing holding up my build.

Supposedly they are in production but that has been the story for a while now and they have been out of stock since July I think. The zipper on mine just completely gave up yesterday so I think its gonna have to be zip tied and I will have to charge on the bike in the bag for now. Hopefully they come back in stock before winter when I will have to take the battery off.

If you don't have a huge triangle battery that would take up that entire pack I did find some other bags that may be close. I don't remember specifics but I think Ibrea and Surly had some options that would be close. Biggest possible issue other than cost was they are not quite as wide as most 18650 packs. I expect they would puff out some but if your pack is already almost the size of the bag there may not be enough room.

Comment

• HunterRoark
      HunterRoark commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your time

If the Luna bag continues to be awol, another but pricier option is a custom triangle bag, like the Bedrock: https://www.bedrockbags.com/gear/custom-frame-bag

I may go this route - the Luna bag looks, well, franky horrible on my long wheelbase gravel bike frame.
    BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

• HunterRoark
      HunterRoark commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate your time

Try Bolton ebikes

Comment

• HunterRoark
      HunterRoark commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input

Moostreks is another brand I have used for some battery builds. Not padded or has pockets like Luna's. Cost is about $45 if I remember correct. You just have to make sure you have adequate padding on your battery. Velcro makes it nice and easy to remove to wash bike good.

Comment

I have placed an order with Bedrock Bags. Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on how to squeeze a little more life out of one of these bags that has a completely useless zipper? If they were available I would just order another one but they have been out of stock since July and mine has gone from temperamental to completely non functional in the last few weeks. Was thinking maybe picking up a cheap grommet tool and punching holes in the cover to align with the top holes? Then zip ties till winter when I have to be able to easily get packs in and out? Hopefully they will be in back stock by then?

Comment

A grommet tool sounds like a good plan, but perhaps instead of zip ties, elastic cord or even shoelaces - something with some give.

If I may ask, why are you getting the packs in and out? Are you charging the packs indoors and leaving the bike out?
          BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

Right now I'm swapping just because I have been messing around with my different builds while also trying to watch the charge levels on my 3 packs. Also my Park stand and I are not up to the task of lifting and holding any of my rigs with the batteries in place so especially on the latest build its in the stand at least daily for some tweaks. Anyone want to buy me one of those motorized lift stands from Park?

If it wasn't for all the messing around then I would be charging them in the bags in the garage. I found out that the x-60 and x-90 plugs are RC (radio control) items so various lengths are very easy to find online and at hobby stores so I got short extensions to get the charge plug outside the bag. My garage isn't heated so in the next couple weeks its going to start hanging around freezing at night and before long we will be hitting the single digits F which I still plan to ride in so the packs will be living inside somewhere unless they are being ridden.

I'm guessing the winter riding will be hard on the Luna bags but they are cheap enough that I think even if one season kills em its worth it for the protection of the packs. Hopefully the price won't go up much when they finally come back in stock. Now that I have 2 bikes for myself I plan to ride the wally world 29'r on the streets in the salt and muck and the Pugsley with his 4" fatties on the park trails in the snow.

Comment

Working...
            X