Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for someone who wants to build a electric bike!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for someone who wants to build a electric bike!!

I have a used Bafang mid drive kit from Luna Cycle . It has low mileage, maybe 100miles, most of that on test stand. It has 100mm BB, you could always use spacer if your BB is 68mm. It comes with everything but brake cut off switch and battery. I don’t use it any more it’s just sitting on my work bench. I would love to give to someone who has little money and that really want to build a electric bike to get to school or work. I don’t want to give it to someone who is just cheap and just looking for a deal. Or someone who wants to resale it. I want to give it to someone like a person who really wants to build a electric bike but just can afford to buy a kit. Just reply with why you want this kit. I will also pay shipping just want to help someone out! Doing my pay forward thing!!

I'm not rich or poor but have really been getting interested in experimenting with a new controller... All I can guarantee is that it won't get resold (I have a very large workshop, no need to) and it's exactly what would be needed for my experiments... otherwise I'll have to consider putting the new controller in my present BBSHD build but that's intended to be ridden (~7000mi so far!) more than experimented on...

Comment

I need to withdraw my request. I went over to look at the Rickshaw bike and a mid-drive won't work. Too much going on near the bottom bracket to for a mid-drive. I'll look at front hub drive for him. Again thanks for what you're doing.

Bandzdaddy, I've built a couple electric bikes.. I've got friend at work that has an adult daughter with a severe mental disability. He purchased a pedaled "Rickshaw" bike to get her outside but found its just too much to pedal very far. I'd love to use your mid-drive motor to make his rickshaw and ebike. With the disabled daughter, he's the only one working as his wife has to stay home to offer full-time care. I'd be willing to invest my time and the added parts needed.

Thanks for the consideration.
      Last edited by mtm408; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Bandzdaddy
        Bandzdaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the heads up! i hope you can find a front hub drive and help out.. that’s what its all about...

I was going to make a case for my friend but I think mtm's friends daughter should get it. Sounds like a good need there and mtm is able and willing to do the work so it will get done and enjoyed.

Comment

Have to admit mtm408 probably blows my case out =]

Comment

Still looking anybody that dreaming of ebike with little or no money.....

Comment

I would like it to build my handicapped grandson an electric fat tire bike. I am retired on a fixed income. He’s 12 and could really use it, so he can keep up with the other kids. I have a nice mongoose titan bike to mount it in.
            Thank you for considering me.

Comment

Hey Bigadventure
              I think building your grandson a cool fat tire ebike would be great. I could ship it to you next week. I need a way of getting your address so I can get it to you.. However you feel comfortable with getting that info to me will work for me. The kit does not come with a battery sorry!!

Comment

• 73Eldo
                73Eldo commented
                Editing a comment
                If you click on the persons name under their avatar you will get the option to send a private message through the site.

Thanks 73Eldo,

private message sent.

Comment

I just shipped it to you... post some pictures of your grandsons ebike build.

Comment

• 73Eldo
                  73Eldo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya be sure to get us some pictures of at least the bike when its done. If he and or his parents are willing a shot of him on the bike with I'm sure will be a big smile would be good too but we understand if they don't want to have him all over the internet. You can just describe the smile and count how many bugs he has stuck in his teeth from riding fast with that big a smile.
              Working...
              X