WANTED - Luna Wolf Pup Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WANTED - Luna Wolf Pup Battery

as stated, want one or more of these really badly. bad enough to make an account just to post this since it seems like the most likely place to find one

if anyone has one they would consider parting with or a lead on where to get one, it would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    Chris

Originally posted by 2chains View Post
    as stated, want one or more of these really badly. bad enough to make an account just to post this since it seems like the most likely place to find one

if anyone has one they would consider parting with or a lead on where to get one, it would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    Chris
    It does beg the question of why Luna stopped producing these. I do not own one but would most likely buy one for the weight savings for mountain biking if they were still available. Does anyone happen to know why they are no longer offered? Is there an inherent design issue or can they no longer source he parts? It seems like a product that many would purchase if still on the market.

Comment

I believe Pax said that the person behind that design and that actually built them at the shop was killed in I think it was some sort of aircraft accident last summer or fall. I suspect it wasn't a huge enough seller to rate high on the priority list to get someone else hired to build them. If people keep asking maybe it will get bumped up the list tho so it doesn't hurt to bring it up if you want one.

I can see why people would want one. That much weight makes a huge difference when trying to do real technical stuff. It also works well that many of the mountain bike parks are not that far from the trail head miles wise so you could have a spare or two back at the trail head and after a lap or two swap them out.

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
        I believe Pax said that the person behind that design and that actually built them at the shop was killed in I think it was some sort of aircraft accident last summer or fall. I suspect it wasn't a huge enough seller to rate high on the priority list to get someone else hired to build them. If people keep asking maybe it will get bumped up the list tho so it doesn't hurt to bring it up if you want one.
        I do remember reading about that now, Eldo. Heartbreaking for sure. I think there is a place for such a battery (light weight 52v made in USA) in the market though.

Comment

Oh crap, was it Jackson?
          Could just be a coincidence, but I was browsing the Aircraft section of ES A couple of days ago and there was a 10 page thread on an electric aircraft build that was Incredibly detailed. After a couple of pages I skip to the 10th page and everybody was posting rest in peace. Not sure if it's the same guy but he was heavily involved in a lot of battery development among other things.
          Kind of crazy shit if it was him and somehow I happen to post this without knowing after reading that story.
          Small world I guess

And yes, definitely a market for smaller 14 S1P or 2p With this type of fitment and not just generic looking boxes to try to hide

Comment

Working...
          X