Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X1 - M600 Noise

Hi guys -

Been very happy with my X1 for the first 100miles but just started having this noise come from the motor:

Has anybody experiences this? Sounds like a gear that is broken. Will have to open the motor later today to see if I can see anything.
    Any input is welcome :)

Thanks!

I don't know - have not heard that sound from mine. On video, it almost sound too 'clickety clackety' to be a gear. I'd expect a gear to be much more regular grinding sounding. Would be good to double check your crank arms, chain ring, pedals, motor mounts, etc for anything loose. But definitely interested to see what you find. Hope nothing serious!

Comment

Figured it out - it was a loose screw. Not sure which one but the 3 big bolts going through the motor were slightly loose, also I replaced the 4x screws securing the front chain ring with slightly longer ones. Also the big silver nut that holds the entire chain ring in place was not as tight as it should be. Not sure which one caused the noise but now its gone! :)

Cheers!

Comment

Well, there ya go! Glad to hear nothing serious. I've learned to never underestimate the amount of noise any loose component in the bottom bracket area can emit. My 'ol cast iron 26'er "workout bike" used to creak, moan and groan up every hill until I finally got tired of the noise and replaced the bottom bracket cartridge bearing. Ultimately, all the noise was due to one of the bearing pads on the crank shaft running a bit dry. But sort of like fingers on a chalk board, a little motion with dry contact can make a lot of noise!

Comment

Working...
        X