Phaserunner MT + BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phaserunner MT + BBSHD

Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong place for this im new to this forum. I ordered the phaserunner today but was unsure if the CA3-WP cycle analyst would work with this setup. Also do I need to get a new throttle and break cut offs? or will the current bbshd ones plug in with the wiring harness? Thanks for any help.

I think I ordered the CA3-DPS for my Phaserunner / Bafang Ultra. There was no Wp version 2 years ago.
    I replaced the JST connectors with the correct Higo connectors on the CA3 (https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/de/ has them)
    if you know how to solder it's not that difficult. Plus you can cut the cables to the correct size for that clean look.

Did you order the Phaserunner_L10?
    So PR and CA connect with the 8pin WP plug.
    And you need to solder :
    1 higo for throttle
    1 or 2 for ebrake (I only use on on the rear brake)
    1 for AUX if needed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info! No I bought the phaserunner_MT with the BBSHD wiring harness to avoid the headache of wiring all of it myself.

Comment

So how has that controller worked with bbshd?

Comment

Amazing, Between the phaserunner and the 72v battery Its like a whole new machine. Its obvious to me the bbshd was supposed to be a more powerful motor but was neutered for one reason or another. I also swapped the nylon reduction gear with the lunacycle steel one last night. I took the motor to around 50 yesterday and promptly melted the stock one. Make sure you grease your engine before turning the power up past maybe 2000w, When I cracked the case I was amazed at how little and thin the grease was. After packing the case with Mobile grease 28 The bike is a lot quieter and much easier to pedal. My top speed went from around 34 to 45 on a single speed 20t rear gear and a 42t front.
          Last edited by wireflyer; 09-02-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• HunterRoark
            HunterRoark commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for taking the time to respond! I am leaning in that direction for my upcoming fat tire build. Is there any advise or tips ? Did you have to do any programming? Was it plug and play using the Grin wiring harness and phaserunner? What display did you use? Model number? Can you share some pictures? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks again, Hunter

Im posting this mostly as a place holder since its around 2AM here and I want to answer your questions more thoroughly. There was definitely a good amount of programming done and resources for the bbshd are hard to come by. The actual install of the phaserunner with the wiring harness took maybe 45 minutes, and most of that was ripping the old controller out of the shell so I could re use it. The longest part of the build has been setting up the cycle analyst so the throttle and PAS are smooth. I'll post my settings files here after work so you can use them as a base when you do your build. I'm planning on doing a whole write up on the process and the mechanical upgrades I did to make sure it was reliable. In short buy the Lunacycle ludicrous steel gear and the programming cable for the phaserunner / cycle analyst.

Comment

• HunterRoark
            HunterRoark commented
            Editing a comment
            Thankyou.
            I have purchased the gear for this build and have my bbshd in transit to me from Luna as I write this. Contacting Grin Technologies is my next step. New bike should arrive mid to late September. Fat tire.
            I like to have everything in place before starting a project.
            Looking forward to your write up and experience.
            Thanks again,
            Hunter

Hello wireflyer, any chance of posting your settings?
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X