• Show
Clear All

Stuggling with my Phaserunner and BBSHD

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4654.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	114017 Hi Guys,

I have installed a BBSHD on my Sondors X. I purchased the 30amp controller version and found it to be very lackluster in terms of performance with my 48v battery. I have another Sondors X with a Bafang 750 hub motor, 35amp controller and same 48v battery and it is about 4 miles a hour faster and much quicker in acceleration.

I went ahead and purchased a Phaserunner from Grin for the BBSHD. The cycle analyst was not available so I am using the Bafang display. I first tried to autotune the Phaserunner and performance was again not great I went ahead and downloaded and installed the Grin recommended BBSHD software.

I took the bike out tonight and it is still very lackluster with 24-26mph top speed. Does anyone have any recommendations what I may be doing wrong? I understand the 48 battery cannot compare to a 72v but I guess I expected more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4655.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	114016
    Attached Files

I have used the phaserunner on my bbshd as well. It does not show its potential and actually performs worse until you hit 72v input. Grin used to state that. Not a viable upgrade unless you plan to upgrade to 72v. Personally I am happier with my Ludicrous controller than I was with the Phaserunner. At 52v(58.8) the Ludicrous gives me everything I need, and integrates much better(no external wires). 52v at 50A is pretty fun.

Comment

Working...
    X