Latest BBSHD standard programmed Low Voltage Cut Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest BBSHD standard programmed Low Voltage Cut Off

I cannot say enough good things about my new BBSHD that I mounted to my older Trek 7700 fx. It is Fabulous. I am wonering at what voltage I can expect the stock programming to shut off the current? I will circle the neighborhood as I get near that and let it do its thing, just to find that number, but I don't want to be two big hills away when it happens the first time. It's the heat here in north central fl that gets me this time of year. Also, is that okay treatment of the battery, to let it get to that amount of charge? I plan on doing 30-35 miles round trip eventually.
    Rodney64
    Giga Member
    Last edited by Rodney64; 10-05-2016, 08:53 PM.

The Controller has a shut off of 41 volts in the stock config. Unless they changed it recently.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

When ordering a bbsxx along with a 52v battery from luna will the controller lvc come adjusted higher than 41v ?

Comment

Not ordinarily, easy to change with a $20 programming cable though.

Comment

You can lower this to 38 volt with the program cable

Comment

I would want to raise the LVC to a higher value but that's good to know. It seems like it is working at 41~42 volts though....I assumed that the Luna 52v bms might have taken action before then. What low volt levels are they set for. ..anyone?

Comment

41÷14<3 volts , I guess that is all good for lvc per cell ? 3v per cell is ok ?

Comment

• Rodney64
                  Rodney64
                  Giga Member
                  Rodney64 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The BMS has its own cut off. Which cell do you have? The LVC on the controller is just an added safety.

I'm using the 30q 28 cell 52v mini cube with a bbshd bafang midmotor. The controller cuts off at low voltage before the bms and doesn't need resetting/ good. I just wanted to be sure that going just under 3v per cell frequently wasn't going to do any harm to these cells. If it's not too low then I will leave the bafang lvc setting where it is. (Presumably ideal for 48v not 52v packs)

Comment

Yes if the controller cutting out first this is better than hitting LVC on the batteries BMS.

Comment

• Albeegood
                    Albeegood
                    Albeegood commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What do you recommend setting your controller lvc on a 52v 17.5 ah battery? Right now i have it on 49v lvc.

I had to replace my controller cause I NOW BELIEVE I lowered my lvc too low. First and foremost i was drinking
                  Keep On Ebiking

Comment

Why would lowering the LVC too low be a problem for the controller? A low voltage only potentially damages the battery.

Originally posted by Albeegood View Post
                    I had to replace my controller cause I NOW BELIEVE I lowered my lvc too low. First and foremost i was drinking

Comment

• Albeegood
                      Albeegood
                      Albeegood commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did it without realizing it. I do know i was in the lvc next thing you know when i go to restart it nothing happens. Anyway no biggy, i got a new controller and just recently just installed a phase runner with the ca3 . What a difference!

Originally posted by Albeegood View Post
                    He was always drunk when he posted that! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X