Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peddle assist / Throttle not working BBS02 750W MID DRIVE

Hello Im looking for some help.
    I recently had my bike converted to an ebike using the bafang 750w motor and its had about 2 hours total use and now it doesn't work at all.

1. throttle stopped working after the first day (error 04) throttle has been replaced still doesn't work

2. peddle assist doesn't work (if i pick the back tyre up and spin the peddle with my hand it seems to work if i sit and ride it doesn't work and display becomes glitchy e.g speed goes up and down battery goes from 100%-0%-100% etc however if i change the display to show voltage then voltage doesn't change significantly.

speed sensor seems to be in the correct position
    no gear sensors installed
    no brake sensors installed

any help would be appreciated as i paid someone to build this for me and they have basically said they cant fix it and there supplier wont take it back.

Thanks in advance
    Ben

P.S I have videos and pictures if needed

edit - bike worked completely fine for about a day.
    Last edited by trickett1995; 1 week ago.

My first thought is its a power issue. What really makes me think that is that you say with the bike in the air it seems ok. In the air there is hardly any load on anything so a bad connection isn't that bad. As soon as you try to pull more power through that bad connection is when it really has issues and the voltage drops enough that the computer gets confused. I would carefully go over all the battery related connections. If there are any that are hidden or taped up I would get them exposed to inspect them. I have seen installers that just jam wires together rather than getting proper adapters and connections then try and hide it with some tape.

Comment

• trickett1995
      trickett1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      hello mate, thank you for the response, the only obvious connection that i could see was where the power comes from the battery and to the motor, it looks like 60amp strip connectors have been used to connect it to the motor I retighten them. where else would you suggest looking ?

Many thanks
      Ben

Does the battery have a direct connector or does it have a cradle / docking plate sort of thing? If its got a dock have a good look at the blades that are usually in the dock then look at the slots in the battery they connect to. I have heard that sometimes they contacts in the slots are not as springy as they should be and don't grip the blades well. Sometimes you can see pitting or discoloration on the blades.

Comment

• trickett1995
      trickett1995 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems to be direct mate looks asif the cables come from the battery into a connector block then into the motor mate

Update - bike is fixed, turns out the person who built it for me crushed the wiring loom for the controller when he was putting it together, seller doesn't want to take responsibility, but it's all fixed and working now
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X