Bbshd mid drive motor and display shutting off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbshd mid drive motor and display shutting off

My BBSHD motor and display are shutting off and not turning back on unless I unplug and re-plug the battery connector. This will allow me to turn it back on, but only ride about 50’ before it shuts off again. The battery was at 73% charge when it happened. I am not a mechanic and have no clue as to the cause of the problem or how to fix. Anyone else have this happen and know how to fix the problem? I would be grateful for some guidance on troubleshooting the problem and fixing it.
    Thanks
    Rockman

First thing to try is charge battery to 100% if it has a bad cell it may be cutting out due to the low voltage protection built in.

Comment

With most ebike battery BMS's if they go into a low voltage protect mode they won't reset till you charge them but that isn't a firm rule so its possible that it could reset after some time and the pack cooling and the other cells somewhat recharging the weak cell(s) that caused it to shut down.

What kind battery is it and does your charger have any options or readout on it? Can your display read volts instead of percent? Volts tends to be a little more accurate than the percent readouts and may help determine what may be going on.

Comment

Working...
      X