• Show
Clear All

• AZguy
    replied
    10,000km (~6000mi)

Leave a comment:

• mbwaterdog
    replied
    Couple years later and I just clocked 4200 miles today! Love my commuter!

Leave a comment:

• DubT
    replied
    15,000 miles on our BBSHD on our tandem road bike.

Leave a comment:

• jaymz77
    replied
    Originally posted by jaymz77 View Post
    Just hit 1000 miles on my BBS02 in four months. Super fun!
    A couple of years later and I'm at 4000 miles! So much fun!

Leave a comment:

• PatrickGSR94
    replied
    Over 7,500 miles on my BBS02 now, still on my original 13.5 aH 52V bottle battery. Originally built March 2017.

Leave a comment:

• mauried
    replied
    Im over 15000 kms on a BBS01 .
    Only failure so far was the switches in the C961 display which got water in them.
    On my 2nd battery.

Leave a comment:

• Billku86
    replied
    I have had my bbshd for 2.5 years and put over 10000km on it. I commute 22–25km round trip 100m elevation gain/loss. I mostly baby it set for 1-5pas I stay in 2 mostly and mostly throttle some pedaling. I always pedal while uphill or under higher loads. I’m due for a re-grease of the reduction gear but haven’t noticed any changes in performance.

Leave a comment:

• PatrickGSR94
    replied
    A little over 2,000 miles on my build since its maiden voyage mid-March 2017. Haven't done a thing to it.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    I hit a meager 2000mi (although I did it in 6mo's) on my BBSHD and decided to do a tear down, inspect and lube just for PM [and curiosity] reasons. No noises or anything concerning.

After years of working on dozens of motos I'll say this machinery is extremely easy to tear down and maintain. The only exception is all the RTV between the motor core and controller bulkhead. This stuff is a mess. I usually view RTV as a very useful material but outside sealing gaskets I see it more as a band-aid and shouldn't be required (outside gaskets) in properly designed machinery.

Regardless, everything looked great. There was adequate grease and it was higher quality than much of what I usually see coming out of china. I went ahead and cleaned out all the old stuff and replaced it while inspecting. There was very minor visible wear on all the components but none of it could be felt to the touch while running a finger over the areas of wear and no-wear. Bearings were all tight and smooth. No evidence of any contamination. Good stuff.

I went ahead and used an electronic grade RTV (if it smells like [corrosive] vinegar it has no place near electronics!) to reseal the bulkhead between the motor and controller - not with the gobs that were used originally but with a much more judicious application using toothpicks and tie wraps as application tools.

But it got me wondering... What the heck is the reason to seal this bulkhead? Both sides are gasketed and they both have electrical. The motor side might throw a little lubricant but if the motor electronics can handle that the controller side should only be better since it's mostly potted. Maintenance would be so much easier and *much* less time if we could avoid the RTV altogether. I also wait for it to cure before reassembly so that adds to the turn-around a chronological time (vs.man-hour) of another day. Without the RTV to remove and replace I could do the complete overhaul in less than half an hour including removal and replacing it on the bike. With the RTV it adds at least another half hour to the man-time and a day to the turn-around if you are like me and let RTV cure before reassembly - it needs air (actually moisture in the air, not the air itself) to cure properly and sealing it up into a gasketed compartment is bad since it causes it to cure much more slowly, probably never curing fully and out-gassing undesirably during whatever cure happens.

BTW - the motor wire grommets were easily replaced by a visit to Ace hardware.

Leave a comment:

• jaymz77
    replied
    Just hit 1000 miles on my BBS02 in four months. Super fun!
    Last edited by jaymz77; 09-11-2017, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WebEsquire
    replied
    Originally posted by Galroc View Post
    BBSHD: 7100 Miles
    Beast mode!

Leave a comment:

• CPG
    replied
    Over 1200 miles, zero problems. About 50/50 trail and street riding.

Leave a comment:

• Rider
    commented on 's reply
    Highly recommend the 42T Lekkie Bling Ring to get that chain line back where it should be on most bikes. Helps a bunch when climbing too, over the stock 46T+ Bafang rings.

• Rider
    replied
    Put a little over 1,000 on my first BBS01 350W/36V equiped eMTB, then sold it and built a BBS02-B 750W/48V eMTB. Just passed 1,500 miles on this one and going strong!

ADDED 9/6/17: Surpassed 2,000 miles on the ride above and built an eCruiser BBS02B that now has its' first 100+ miles on it. I share the 21Ah/1008Wh battery between my two rides to save costs.

ADDED 10/24/17: Over 500 miles on the Electra eCruiser build now...

Want to ride so bad, but we are having record USA temperatures here in Anaheim/Fullerton California. Fullerton was the hottest place in the USA yesterday at 107*!
    Last edited by Rider; 10-24-2017, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skymon
    commented on 's reply
    (actually 42t is smallest chainring with significant "inside" offset)
Working...
X