No announcement yet.

High-mileage BBSXX - Post your odometer reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my bbshd for 2.5 years and put over 10000km on it. I commute 22–25km round trip 100m elevation gain/loss. I mostly baby it set for 1-5pas I stay in 2 mostly and mostly throttle some pedaling. I always pedal while uphill or under higher loads. I’m due for a re-grease of the reduction gear but haven’t noticed any changes in performance.

Comment

Im over 15000 kms on a BBS01 .
      Only failure so far was the switches in the C961 display which got water in them.
      On my 2nd battery.

Comment

Over 7,500 miles on my BBS02 now, still on my original 13.5 aH 52V bottle battery. Originally built March 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by jaymz77 View Post
          Just hit 1000 miles on my BBS02 in four months. Super fun!
          A couple of years later and I'm at 4000 miles! So much fun!

Comment

15,000 miles on our BBSHD on our tandem road bike.

Comment

Couple years later and I just clocked 4200 miles today! Love my commuter!

Comment

10,000km (~6000mi)

Comment

BBS02.

Just broke 6000 miles over approximately 20 months of use.

After the first 4 months of use I did the recommended overhaul and regreasing throughout with Mobil 28, which I did again at the 4000 mile mark.

Other than that, the motor has been maintenance free other than periodic external cleaning as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Petal View Post
                    Did 280 miles in my first month with my bbshd. Riding only on flat roads.
                    I love it!

Edit 26-9-2017:
                    874 miles!
                    I'm on 11.155km / 6.971 Miles, and did a full lube for the first time with mobil28.

Comment

1 year in.........only at 1800mi. Stupid people stopping me to "talk" about my bike prevents me from ENJOYING it as much as I would like. Maybe this year I just ignore them.....................

Comment

About to turn 8,000 miles on my BBS02, after 3 years and 2 months. Have never done any re-lubing or anything. Is that something I should consider?

Only problem I've ever had was the wiring in the bottle battery base degraded from the contacts arcing, which after 3 years of use caused the motor to cut on and off all the time during riding. I recently re-wired the battery directly to the frame harness, bypassing the contacts in the cradle base. The on/off switch on the battery still functions as it should, I just can't remove the battery to take it with me into a store anymore. But it's not big deal. Everything still runs great.

I can just barely do a 30-mile round trip commute on a 90% charge if I don't go above 3 out of 9 assist levels very much, except on big hills and the like.

Comment

Working...
                        X