Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD and 11-speed cassette

Hey everyone,
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a BBSHD for my Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fatbike but I'm wondering if the existing Shimano 1x11 drivetrain will be suitable or will I need to use a tough 8-speed drivetrain to handle the power?

Wondering the same thing. I need to replace my derailleur, shifter, cassette and it seems cheaper to go 10 or 11 speed. I'm worried the additional gears in same width will exacerbate the normal chain line issues of Bafang set-ups.

Anyone have experience with 11 speed on BBS02 or BBSHD? At least one of the kit ebikes Luna's now selling is 11 speed (the red KHS MTB), so seems promising...?

Comment

If you don't shift under load, 1X11 works fine. Get the Eclipse ring upgrrade and your chain line issues are non-existent. At any rate, you can install the kit and replace with 8 speed set up if it breaks.

Comment

I have an 11 speed cassette on my bike with a BBS hd, I purchased the 42 tooth chain ring and adapter from Luna Cycles to improve the chain line, I put the power interrupter in the shifter cable, it all works very well.

Comment

As someone that has been using the Cyclone 3000 on a 10-speed setup for the past couple of years, I have no doubt the BBSHD will be more than fine with an 11-speed setup. In fact, I just bought a BBSHD with an Eclipse, and I will be using it with a Shimano 11-46 11-speed cassette. A power interrupter is unnecessary in my opinion. I shift all the time under load with my Cyclone. I can only imagine being annoyed by such a device while I'm on the trails.

Originally posted by j0hnj0hns View Post
          Hey everyone,
          I'm about to pull the trigger on a BBSHD for my Rocky Mountain Blizzard Fatbike but I'm wondering if the existing Shimano 1x11 drivetrain will be suitable or will I need to use a tough 8-speed drivetrain to handle the power?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyO View Post
            I have an 11 speed cassette on my bike with a BBS hd, I purchased the 42 tooth chain ring and adapter from Luna Cycles to improve the chain line, I put the power interrupter in the shifter cable, it all works very well.
            I'm interested to know how your freehub has been holding up with the BBSHD, and what brand it is. My freehub broke and I need to replace the back wheel with something sturdier. Would have used a freewheel but bike has through axles. Cheers

Comment

• Robocam
              Robocam commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a 50T Shark on my Shimano XT freehub, and it handles the abuse of my Cyclone 3000. It should have no trouble at all under a BBSHD.

I've got the shimano M8000 11-speed cassette (11-46t). It's a little fussy on alignment but no big deal. I haven't been getting good mileage on the smallest cog (11t) and are replacing them about every 500mi which to me is no big deal...

Comment

I am using a Campagnolo 11-25 on my bike with Sram force shifter and rear derailleur,with an Eclipse chain ring. I do use a shift interrupter, I think it lessens the stress on the drivetrain. But I can see the interrupter being inconvenient when one is off roading. I have over a 1000 kilometres on the bike with this set up. Cheers,.

Comment

Working...
              X