Bafang 1000 watt HD in recumbent trike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang 1000 watt HD in recumbent trike

Shop had trouble with the motor moving under torque do I told them to mount it in top of the boom instead of under it which worked. It's on an ICE Sprint full suspension tadpole trike. The movement of the rear swing arm is pulling the power cord out. I also had a seam dual drive rear hub built into the rear wheel to replace the lost triple crank. It makes a loud clunking noise in the hardest gear. Anyone else do this build and have these issues? Otherwise it's out of control cool! I hit 32mph with throttle only . I have the new 52v battery in the carbon fiber case so the entire system is less than 20 lbs. it's the ultimate bicycle😜

Nice! Light and fast is always a good combination!

I would guess the issue would be possibly the lack of a gear sensor (which you can buy from Luna) to better mesh your system, as the "clunk" is most likely due to shifting under too much load from the motor, some back pedal or hit the brakes a moment before shifting too to help.

Comment

it does have the gear sensor. Now they are telling me thwe axel is slipping, even with the extra washers

Comment

Hmm, pics would help, but I'm guessing you mean that it's continuing to move on the BB mount, possibly using a clamp or bracket of some kind to better attach the motor to the boom would work.

Comment

Working...
        X