Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

92mm bottom bracket with elevated chain stay (trek stache)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92mm bottom bracket with elevated chain stay (trek stache)??

Gents, need some guidance. Trying to build my version of a super all-around bike. Not a big fan of 4"+ tires, so when I stumbled onto the 2016 "mid-fat" tire Trek Stache, I was stoked. Super light bike, 29er X 3" wheels. This bike also has a unique elevated chain-stay and a 92mm bottom bracket, so kind unique. My question is what size BBSHD do I get? And what if any modifications would you recommend? Thanks for any advice!
    Attached Files

Wow, I too have a Trek Stache 29er and was trying to find out what to do about the 92mm bottom bracket and have been unable to find anything. I was hoping your post might have an answer, hopefully someone will come in with an answer. I did see an e-Rad kit which is essentially the BBS HD and they offer a 92mm adapter but the whole kit with batter is $1945 YIKES! Still trying to figure out what makes that kit so much more expensive than other kits using the same drive.

Comment

In case anyone is still looking, this may do the job:
      https://www.empoweredcycles.com/blog...-fit-41-89-5mm

Comment

Too bad Trek stop making the full rigid Stache 5. I tried to pick up an XL last year and kept being told a new batch was coming, then the new 2017 models showed up; all with suspension front forks. :(

Did you ever convert it?
        MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
        2020 Banshee Paradox V3 1x11 (pedal)
        2018 Soma Wolverine 3spd IGH Belt Drive (pedal)

Comment

Working...
        X