Solar charging a mini 52 volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar charging a mini 52 volt

I love my bike, but there are a couple of things I would like to improve, I have two of the 3 1/2 pound mini 52 volt batterie and it is a great system for me, but we are in a truck camper with solar power in Baja. We had an inverter on board so Ithought it would be an easy thing to charge my bike. Well, it can be done off the campers 12volt house battery at mid day on the 1 volt setting on the charger but it takes a long time and never gets to quite 80 percent. I have changed to heavier connectors for the inverter, which helped. As you can probably tell, I am not as electrically savy as I should be as I should have addressed this issue before we left. But I finished the bike project just a few days before we left and pretty much done spending. So, now, I would like to know what I should have bought. Thanks.

I believe you mean the 1 amp setting (lowest charge rate) not 1 volt. Yeah, it's going to take a long time or you'll need more solar panels to produce more watts.

Comment

One amp into a 52V battery requires about 5A from your 12V system. So your solar panels would need to average about 5A into the 12V battery to keep up. Or 50W, actual output in use - that might take a couple hundred watts of panels, depending....my cheap HF 75W system averages 10-15 watts during daytime in the summer, for 12V battery charging.
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Working...
      X